• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No need to fuss or argue....

Diesel

• Premium Member

If we get Damp Good, if we don't get Damp... Good.

If we get Swift Good, if we don't get Swift... Good.

I understand wanting to have a C, but hell, I wouldn't neccessarily give these guys the world. If we have to go into the season with the three headed monster of Pryz, Collier, and Loren woods or Leon Smith, so be it... However, I would have a coniption over the fact that Damp doesn't want to take our 3-4 yr deal. We do have him over a barrell. I wouldn't get all upset over Swift because as long as he's not signed and traded, we can pick him up Next year. I definitely wouldn't go away from the game plan of Long, Defensive, and Atheletic...

This is a rebuilding year.

• Premium Member

Sign Pryz/Leon Smith

Trade Hansen/1st (phil 2007) to Orl for Nelson.

Sign Harrington.

Our Lineup:

JT/Nelson/Harrington.

J-Chill/Donta Smith

CC/J-Smooth/Diaw

Lil Al/Big Al/Leon Smith (IL)

Pryz/Collier

Good Points. It really doesn't matter to me either. We are rebuilding the right way and we need to stay on course. Like you said Good if we do Good if we don't!!

I just have to get in my mind not to get mad when we loose so many games this year. I have to remember this is part of the rebuilding process.

• Admin

If we brought in Swift it is to be a PF anyway. We will still have to go after Pryz.

Swift is not a C, he sporatically plays minutes in Memphis at that position due to his athletism but he is really a PF.

I would not want to go into the season with him as our starting C.

• Premium Member

Of the two, I would rather have Damp... Because I want to develop Harrington as a Pf and J-Smooth as a SF... or vice versa...

But

Swift would definitely take away because AL will have to get his minutes and they would most likely be at SF if we have Swift.

Also, I suspect by March, J-Smooth might be a difference maker?!!

exactly what i've been saying

this year's best possible lineup would likely be something like:

jt/chill/harrington/swift/dampier

but what happens when SMOOTH turns into a real baller?

u have to get rid of harrington or swift!

harrington should be in our long-term plans...we need to resign him in 2 years

that leaves swift out, cause we aren't gonna win a championship with swift as our center...

i'll say it again, SMOOTH/Harrington has the POTENTIAL to be the best 3/4 combo in 3-4 years!

u don't wanna take away from that...

swift would be fine for this year so long as we know we could trade him for a good pg once smooth becomes ready to start...but that's a risk...overpaying him won't help...getting him for a good price will...but that won't happen since West can match...thus we don't really need to go after Swift...

.....be a SHOOTING GUARD at the NBA level. He's proving that he has the range and touch on his jumper to play it, plus he showed better than expected ball handling skills to play the position. Right now, he legitimately has the versatility to play the shooting guard, small forward, and power forward positions.

I'm not trying to take anything away from J-Chill when saying this, but you have to be enamoured with the potential that a wing set of Josh Smith and Marvin Williams (potential 2005 draft pick) would bring to the Hawks.