• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

what the BLEEP are we gonna do with antoine? and..

flava

How can u be upset with this trade. according to you JT can barely walk much less play ball....and Hendu does not play at all...so we get a player who contract expires next year..in stead of stuck with JT and getting nothing for him in two years when he walks. If JT sucks so much...how do u expect us to trade him for much better than what we got?

I cannot remember how many times we have talked about the best PFs and you ALWAYS used to claim that Walker was light years better than SAR and that you wish we had him on our team. Now we have him and you think he is a worthless fatass? What gives?.....

I cannot remember how many times we have talked about the best PFs and you ALWAYS used to claim that Walker was light years better than SAR and that you wish we had him on our team"

And yes he is better than Reef... I might have said I'd

rather have him than Reef and I would. But I'd rather not

have either on the team.

KMart got an offer that was the same as ours from a team ready to win NOW and max money is way too much for him. With Damp we offered him a deal that is to our advantage. How is that him using us? He will likly sign for us for 2-3 years and a ton less money than it was expected that he would get when FA started.

If Damp signs then we will have two VERY tradeable assets in Damp and Walker. Make no mistake they are not long term solutions for us. These two will get us some picks as well as a C or PG that will fit what the team needs.

This move allows J. Smith to come off the bench for the first half of the year while Harrington starts at SF. This deal is great for us and it should lead to a great future for the Hawks if everyone bevelops like they should.

Hots ~ I'm not at all for the trade either, though the previous post about opening up the lanes helped some, given the athletes/drivers on this team.

here's the problem I have with ur philosophy.

personally, I was pretty ok with paying Martin the max; given that, offering it to him wasn't a bad idea, even if we didn't get him. We don't look foolish in the process.

-Damp has not used us at all. we haven't played his game. you've repeated how he did...but u know that he didn't. that's why he's not here now.

- Childress did stink it up in the summer league...so did a lot of guys, esp. Iggy. don't know why he's suddenly more valuable than Childress. JChill plays an allround team oriented game, using decent ball movement and bball iq...a summer league team is devoid of this, highlighting players who are good one on one. After watchin him in college, I'm still optimistic on him, seeing hwo he handled himself there.

dont' u usually hate cba pickups?

Quote:

Why throw a first round pick in the deal? Also, so neither Walker or JT are that good. Why make this trade? It makes very little since unless you want to get rid of JT's contract I guess.

We need size and some scoring from our front line and JT did not want to be here. As far as the pick goes, I am not a fan of this part of the deal either but the chances are pretty good this will expire in 2007. If it does we did not give up a pick.

How is that him using us? He will likly sign for us for 2-3 years and a ton less money than it was expected that he would get when FA started."

Right. Wouldn't surprise me if someone else doesn't come

up with some deal. That's the way things go for the Hawks

and have gone for years.

I don't like giving up a first round pick. That really

stinks.

Quote:

I don't like giving up a first round pick. That really

stinks.

I'm sure your opinion of whichever player we picked (had we even ever received the pick) would have been sunny and optimistic, yes?

• Moderators

Antoine Walker has terrible shot selection but has a pretty good basketball IQ - much better than SAR, Big Dog, Terry, etc. He is a better passer than Terry even from the PF position. IF Walker can take more midrange jumpers he should be a pretty valuable player.

After his rookie year, Walker's teams have won:

36 games (second best player - Ron Mercer)

19 games - during the strike season - (PP's rookie year)

35 games (next best after Walker & PP - Kenny Anderson)

36 games (next best after Walker & PP - Kenny Anderson)

49 games (next best - Rodney Rodgers)

44 games (next best - Tony Delk)

52 games (plenty of talent with Mavs)

There is no way the Hawks only win like 17 games with him next season. He has been a part of winners and actually was shipped out of Boston because he was going to make the team win too many games and wasn't part of Ainge's long term vision for the team. In Dallas, he basically did the same things as Dirk but not as well and wasn't really necessary (except he is a better passer than Dirk and quicker).

He is still plenty good enough to be a major contributor to a good team and could really be a cornerstone guy for the next 5 years if he had a more disciplined shot selection.

• Admin

Before you've seen one damned game played. Why don't you save your bitching and whining until the season starts. Once we start losing games and Walker is making us look bad, then you can resume your standard pattern of bitch..whine...bitch...whine.... rinse..repeat..

Quote:

And I've tried to be less negitive over the last month...

Awesome, one month out of the last 5 years, BRAVO.

• Moderators

You don't understand. He won over 40 games two seasons in a row with PP and zilch playing against bost Eastern and Western Conference teams. Over the past 3 years only 2 teams have won 17 games in a season and no one has won less than 17. It is extremely unlikely the Hawks will win only 17 by adding someone who consistently scores 20 ppg, grabs 8 rpg and passes the ball exceptionally well for a forward even if he shoots way too many 3s. Compared to last year's roster, Walker is an upgrade over SAR; Harrington is an upgrade at SF; Diaw should be better than last year coming off the bench; the center position would be a significant upgrade with Dampier or more of the same with Pryzbilla; the backcourt will not score as well but should be much better defensively.

That doesn't spell losing 11 game more than last year to me.

The Mavericks were worse this season not because of Antoine but because they didn't address their needs in trades for Jamison and Walker and they ended up giving up their best clutch player - Nick Van Exel - in the trade for Jamison. Without Van Exel, the Mavs would have done the same thing the year before that they did last year.

It isn't that Walker dragged the team down so much as that he didn't add much to them because everything he does they already do and often times better with Dirk. With the Hawks his ballhandling, passing and scoring abilities would be much more valuable.

Quote:

Dallas took a step back with him. Also, the east is

weak and Boston wasn't really that good of a team.

Dallas took a step back because teams around them improved(Memphis, Minn, Denver,) and they never solved their true need which is a big man. In all honesty, Jason Terry is not going to make them better either, because he is not a center. Calvin Booth is not the answer at center, so look for Dallas to again be eliminated in the 1st round.

TROUBLEMAN