• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Diaw be a good PG?

ATownStomp

yep. I was going to vote on this...and then I saw the options. pg or no pg? come on. For me, it's not even a question, he's not a pg, isn't quick enough to play that position on a consistnet basis. If you'd thrown "running the point in the halfcourt set from sg (while Terry was here, or a similar player)," or acting pg from anyother position...i'd have voted.

But as is...NO, he's not our pg. Who do you want guarding the other team's pg? It's not Diaw, much as I like his potential for this team.

• Premium Member

But I wouldn't go so far as to say he's the PG of the future. Can he run a break, run a play, get other people involved? Yes.

Can he do it for 82 games, 35+...? Remains to be seen. I'd have to vote "no" on him being the point of the future, but I'd give the guy plenty of time to show that he's not capable.

I would give him a chance to, but understand, I do not think he can handle it as a starter. That is just my opinion. As someone else said earlier, Diaw does not appear to have the quickness or the handles.

• Premium Member

Can he be a PG and can he be the Hawks PG of the future...

Can he be a PG, when needed? Probably.

Can he be the PG of the future (which entails 82/35+)? That's up in the air. Given the choice between a yes or a no, I'd have to say no.

Does he have what it takes? Yes. Will he do what it takes? That's a whole other issue entirely.

• Premium Member

You might as well be asking can J-Chill be the Hawks PG of the future. Sure he can dribble a basketball, but Jordan showed us a long time ago that just because you can dribble and get assists (Jordan averaged 8.0 assists as a PG) that does not make you a PG. While I think playing PG helped Jordan's game some, i think he ultimately found that you have to have the right instincts to be a PG. Diaw is very slow and I don't think he has them.

Trade for Nelson or somebody else who is a PG.