• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK on Buck and Kincaid right now.

KB21

*Billy stated that he doesn't make a deal for a player that he doesn't like or with the intent on trading them down the road. Basically, he said that he likes the skills that Walker brings to the table.

*Billy stated that he has talked to Al Harrington and Antoine Walker on the phone today, and both players are excited about playing basketball together. Billy stated that he talked to them about how they would fit in with each other.

*Billy stated that he's been on the phone all day long trying to get some things done.

*Billy is currently in Las Vegas looking at some players. He hasn't hit the card tables, and he may take in a show tomorrow night.

*Billy likes Tony Delk's ability to play both guard spots.

Good Stuff!!

The more I marinated on this trade the better it looked. We basically traded a tweener for a bigger body that can score. While I was also a JT fan, he really frustrated me with his play and didn't have the ability to truly lead a team, especially when they were down. Even when the Hawks would get a nice lead, he would screw the momentum up by turning the ball over for absolutely no reason. That use to burn me up!!

JT can shoot but he is a streaky shooter and he is too small to guard the 2.

The Philly pick is really not a big deal being that we still have our own pick that year and by that time we should be pretty good and not really looking to add very young talent to mentor. Josh Smith should be tearing down rims by then and Childress should be nice too. It will be all about adding veterans here and there at that point. Also, I understand that pick is contigent on NJ excercising a protected pick from another team.

I am not sure where he is going with the PG situation but truly we have never had a true Point Guard so anyone would probably be an improvement in that position. I agree the team looked much better when Sura ran the Point. So maybe we will sign Sura and Kenny Anderson to man the PG position.

bottom line:

both Walker and JT can be FRUSTRATING to watch...both have flashes and both have horrible moments that you yell at the screen

however, Walker has more value, lets us get more cap space, and fits well with harrington until SMOOTH is ready

additionally, we no longer have to compensate for JT...we can go out looking for guards and get whoever is best for the team, not whoever is best for JT

Like JT, Antoine has been on a team where he was one of only two guys who could consistently score. The difference is, Antoine's team won. He's been on playoff teams, and he has been able to get his points while getting his teammates involved. 2001-2002, Antoine averaged 22 ppg and 5 apg. Considering that he played PF on a team where the only other scorer was Paul Pierce, that's not bad. This isn't Glenn Robinson we are talking about. Antoine is a team player, despite what some may say. Glenn Robinson is not.

....something has to be said about this guy's overall ability that he and Paul Pierce basically carried a bunch of nobodies to the Eastern Conference finals in the 2001-2002, where they took the New Jersey Nets to 6 games before finally bowing out.

I to liked JT but I am not certain if AW can't contribute more to this team. I see the JT for AW trade as even in terms of what they can contribute to wins however Tony Delk will be more valuable to this team than Alan Henderson. If Harrington is small and Walker plays the power we could have a decent low post presence. Dampier would be nice

I'll put it this way. Jason Terry and Shareef Abdur-Rahim together was a talented tandem. They couldn't win though.

Paul Pierce and Antoine Walker together was a talented tandem that was a little more talented than JT and SAR. With no one else on their team, they did win. They did enough to carry Boston to the Eastern Conference Finals.

IMO, if the Hawks get themselves a point guard that can defend, distribute the ball, and not turn it over and a defensive minded center with size, this is a team that will make the playoffs in the East. Outside of Miami, Detroit, and Indiana, the east is wide open. New Jersey is considerably weaker this year. Philadelphia has done little to improve. Milwaukee has some question marks and was unable to do a lot to improve their team. New Orleans is now in the west. Boston has a lot of work to do.

Making the playoffs for the Hawks may be enough to convince a max free agent to sign next offseason.

I really see AW playing the three on offense, with Harrington at the 4. Their games, style of play dictate that. On D...I don't knwo. I haven't watched enough of them, analytically, to know who guards 3's vs. 4's better.

My guess is that Toine plays the 3, Harrington the 4. almost full time. Walker tried a little center this past year on a VERY unconventional Dallas team. Maybe we'd try that IN SHORT SPELLS. I say this as I dont knwo who our starting C will be, and I hope its not collier (who's fine off the bench).

It's going to be interesting, regardless of our C situation. We need a pg too...adn that's not delk. I almost think we'll see Ivey starting at pg (barring a sign) with Diaw/Childress at the two (depending on who shows more in training camp/ works better with the starting crew). It's the MIAMI HEAT philosophy of last season. Put you're best players on the floor, assuming that they're decently equipped for the the position they play (which we would be) and just run with it, see how it works.

Signign Sura (please not to a three year deal though) makes more sense under this style of play/ philosophy. I'd be ok with that where I wasn't before (when he ws being resigned simply to compliment/help JT, not the entire team).