• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need a C, SG, and a PG....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I have to believe that Damp won't come here. I think he will take a 1 year deal instead of coming here. Tohell with Damp then.

Now, is the time for some real changes.

I say we do this:

Trade diaw for Skitta. I would actually play Skitta at SG. Can you imagine a 7 foot SG...

Pick up Barry. We need some good shooting.

Pick up Jr. Harrington/Pryz

Trade 1st/D. Smith to Orlando for J. Nelson. That would set my table.

J. Nelson/Jr. Harrington/Delk.

Barry/Childress

Al/J-Smooth

Walker/Skitta/CC

Pryz/Collier

Let's roll...

I think that Walker/Al will work out as planned. I think our future is secure.

We just would need a C.

• Premium Member

Harrington is 6'4" knows how to defend on this level and can get us in and out of offensive sets. He would be good in a three headed PG rotation. I really would like Nelson so that he could grow with the guys we already have.

He's more experienced, a better shooter, and a better defender than Harrington. He's also less turnover prone than Harrington.

Damon Jones is a player who will give us strong defense in a combo with Royal Ivey at the point. He had the best assist to turnover ratio in the league last year as well, so he will be able to get the team into their offense while protecting the basketball.

We should forget about Dampier and bring in Damon Jones, Jon Barry, and maybe try to bring back Bob Sura. As for the center position, we may have to bring back Joel Przybilla on a short term contract.

• Premium Member

I think we also need to save money.

I think a worthwhile goal is:

1. Look as good as possible.

2. Develop J-Chill/J-Smooth as quickly as possible.

3. See if Toine would be a player we would like beyond this yr.

4. Have enough money to make strong bid for Tony Parker.

5. Lure a C.

I think I would look into a few names here and there....

Brenden Heywood.

I would see if Washington would give him up for a few Seconds or even for a second and either Ivey or Smith. I would like to see Heywood with Woodson't gang coaching him. Heywood has always had the tools but never seem to have the drive. Still, if we can get him for Cheap this year, I would take him quickly. I would try to develop him as a rebounding defender who can get us 8-10 points over 26 mpg.

Jon Barry.

Not that I'm a homer. I just think Barry will be more injury free than Sura. I also think that Barry is more needed because he can shoot the three.

Troy Hudson.

While Minn is dilly dallying, I would look into the avaialbility of Hudson and see what he wants. If we can get him for 2-3, I would look into it.

Damon Jones.

Little less desirable than Hudson but if we can get him for 2-2.5, I would do that if Hudson wasn't available.

Jr. Harrington.

This would be a very cheap fix. I think given time, this guy could be good enough to be part of a rotation if we have a strong SG. Cheap... League min, 1 yr.

Joel P.

Scary, but if we can sign him to a 2 yr deal..I would do it. I don't see him as a permanent fix. He's a temp player. In fact, if we could get Heywood, I would take Collier, Heywood, and a talent like Leon Smith and be through with that.

A good team for next year (ideal) would be:

Troy Hudson/Tony Delk/Ivey

Jon Barry/J-Chill

Lil Al/J-Smooth/Diaw

Walker/Leon Smith

Heywood/Collier

What's so good about this team is that it's defensive with shooters.

Damon Jones can be moved in for Hudson and a Diaw/Skitta trade would be welcomed.

Why all the love for Tony Parker? He is a good young point guard but he is neither a great shooter nor great pure point guard. He is a good player and all but is really any better then a guy like Mike Bibby, Steve Nash or even Kurt Heinrich?

I rather sign a vet like Damon Jones and then hope to be in position to draft Chris Paul or Jarrett Jack next summer.

• Moderators

Seriously, Skita would get destroyed at SG. Can you imagine him trying to guard Allen Iverson or even a lesser SG like Jason Richardson? He would get destroyed on D and would have to try to postup to do anything on offense and that isn't his game at all.

I knew you couldn't hold back any longer from wanting your guilty pleasure, Heywood, on the team...

He wouldn't be a bad fit at all...He is a legit seven footer with skills...when he wants to lay it out there.

I am getting conflicting stories on Bob Sura...Some say there is no way, and then other say he is in the mix...who knows, but he or Barry would work for me...though I have to admit that Bobby really made a good impression on me last season.

I wonder if #8 wants to be here long term...He'll be available for conversation Tuesday...so we'll get some words from him.

I love Tony Parker's passion for the game, and his quickness.

T-Hud seems to be the kind of guy who is super productive on good teams, but maybe not so hot when he is a key part of a starting five...though I can't remember his role specfically on the Magic.

Junior Harrington did not look good in the game we all saw in Utah. No question he hangs his hat on his defensive effort, but you need to have something going on offensively in this league as well...as Boris has shown us...

I really like Damon Jones, really like him....He would be a short term fix at the point, but he can spread the floor and showed that he could be efficiant at the point last year as well...

Leon Smith had his chance here in Atlanta, and he failed to show up repeatedly to summer workouts...He did this knowing that the Hawks may be the only team that was interested in him in the NBA that season. Smith is a shy kid who seems lost in the busy world that is the NBA...at least he was three seasons ago. His rebounding and athleticism is obvious, but I wouldn't want to make a commitment to him until he showed he is past all of that, which would mean having some long term success (a couple of seasons) with another NBA team.

Przybilla would be fine for next year, but I wouldn't want much of a longer commitment than that...I liked how he rebounded and got the ball out of his hands and up the court...an underrated trait in big men....

• Premium Member

With the signing of Samaki Walker and the acquisition of Ramos... You have to wonder what are the Wiz plans for the man. I know Walker was picked up probably in response to Kwame...But they had Thomas there also...

It's interesting... I would see what they would want forhim... He fits...