• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SWIFT IS 6-9

ATownStomp

Walker *could* be sticking around for several reasons, actually :

1.) The Hawks make the playoffs and then some

2.) He will get big money here that he won't get as a Free Agent(Team owns his Bird-Rights)

3.) He'd be the #1/#2 guy here almost all the time.

Should be an interesting upcoming season for the Hawks.

Quote:

I seriously doubt that Walker will be resigned at his current salary. No one in their right mind will paid 14+ for Walker. He will probably get 8-10 at the most.

That's what I'm referring to. Walker knows that he won't get MAX Money but he *DOES* know that if he plays real well, he will get a Good Solid Deal from the Hawks if he wants it.

NO reason to get swift

smooth/harrington is our 3/4 for the future

smooth will be bigger and more athletic than swift, so if u want swift for center, then why not just play smooth at center?

we need a TRUE center and a TRUE pg

no more tweeners, wannabes, etc

we have versatile swingmen and will be stacked at 2/3/4 in 2 years...we need a true pg to set them up and run the team as well as play great defense...ivey turning into a snow-type pg would be perfect for us...

so now we just need a veteran true pg till ivey develops and then a true center, like dampier could be if last year wasn't a fluke

• Premium Member

IF Walker is everything we wanted and more....

We will do with Walker what Detroit did with Sheed. Make him an unrestricted free agent and then make him a good strong offer. I think he loses bird rights going UFA. I think we pay him 10% in annual raises instead of 12.5%. So, I can see a 5 yr 55 million dollar deal in his future if he becomes that. Or a 6 yrr 67 million.

Certainly not a max deal and certainly not picking up where he left off financially but it's a very fair deal... Unfortunately other teams could make better offers. Immediately NJ comes to mind. But unless we want to extend a 14 million dollar deal, this is what we will do..

Quote:

IF Walker is everything we wanted and more....

We will do with Walker what Detroit did with Sheed. Make him an unrestricted free agent and then make him a good strong offer. I think he loses bird rights going UFA. I think we pay him 10% in annual raises instead of 12.5%. So, I can see a 5 yr 55 million dollar deal in his future if he becomes that. Or a 6 yrr 67 million.

Certainly not a max deal and certainly not picking up where he left off financially but it's a very fair deal... Unfortunately other teams could make better offers. Immediately NJ comes to mind. But unless we want to extend a 14 million dollar deal, this is what we will do..

Which is why if the Hawks do make the playoffs, it might entice Walker to stick around and continue to build a winner here in Atlanta.