• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I don't think Knight is being totally truthful

Blunt91

I have a feeling that Knight isn't being totally honest when he said the team will not budge on there offer to Dampier. The reason I say this is if he says 8million a year is all that he is willing to give Damp then what is keeping him from signing other players? If he knows that he roughly has around 12million left in capspace and he only plans to spend 8million on Damp then why has he let guys like Sura sign with the rockets and Hansen go to spain and play? I don't know exactly what they offered Sura but if it was no more than 1.5million then why didn't Billy offer a little more say 1.8million? I think Billy Knight is just calling Dampier's bluff and waiting as long as it takes before Damp makes a decision. If Dampier comes out and says he will sign with the Pacers or Knicks then I wouldn't be surprised to see Billy Knight offer 9 or 10million for next season. This is the only reason I see that The Hawks are not signing any one, not just top players in the league but we haven't even offered a contract to someone like Jon B. whom would jump at the opportunity to sign with us, he is just waiting on a good offer.

Honestly, Damp and his agent blew it. I am sure his agent or both of them saw maxed out offers all over the place. He would have been better off staying put for another year. But that is only if he produced the following year.

The NBA is not about one hit wonders, especially when a player does not get their first hit (good season) until they are thirty.

If he could do the same thing he did this year for one more year, he would have gotten his max. If his agent recommended him to end the 16 plus mill a year contract, Damp should probably fire him.

If the offer is for three years, I would not have a problem with a fourth year at all as long as it is a team option.

BK might be holding on to his money so he can make two decent offers if Damp falls thru. Swift would be one at around maybe 6 mill a year and I could not guess who the other player might be.

Then again, maybe 9 to Swift in the first year? Would make it tough for Memphis to match, that's for sure.

I think he is trying to decide what is best for the team...if he has a trade brewing then why sign Barry if you need that roster spot. I think Sura wanted to play for a contender .....just because we didn't sign Sura does not mean we didn't want to...he did want to play in Atl.

What makes you think Bobby Sura would of wanted to resign with the Hawks? He most likely wanted to be on a contender, and he signed with one.

Travis Hansen is being paid twice the amount he would of been paid by the Hawks, and what makes you think he can cut it in the NBA?

Knight has a budget(as it seems) and I think he will stick by it, because he knows Dampier isn't worth more then 8 or 9 million a year.

Who do you honestly want Knight to sign in free agency? Almost everyone who is left wont help the Hawks longterm, and wouldn't play much of a factor. Swift's contract will be matched by the Grizz, and there really isn't much more help.

If we have holes that need to be filled I say Knight should take a chance on some young talented guys from the CBA/other leagues. I also wouldn't mind him going after some undrafted free agents, if any actually deserve a shot.

Yeah Sura padded his stats last season just so other teams would take notice of him. The thing I am mad at is Sura,Jackson and Terry spoiled our chances of landing the 1draft pick and now none of them are on the team.

you can never fault guys for playing hard...to be "mad" at them for doing so...is rediculous. We all discussed this agnosium last year...I went so far as to say that part of me wanted to Hawks to lose games down the stretch...but just by the smallest of margins, in order to help the "record," but at the same time helping themselves and team morale (which we needed, still do).

Sura - he finally had the opportunity to play here, quite a few minutes (which he wasn't getting behind Billups and Hamilton in Detroit).

Jax - we gave him a bargain basement deal...and he came through, with greatly improved consistency and all-round ability.

JT - had one of his owrst seasons...even after the acquisition of Sura. What are you mad about? that he didn't turn the ball over more? Plus...he had just signed a deal here, for three years...and you wanted to him to pull a "insert fav. player who earned contract and immediatlely began to bag things (what we fear in Dampier).

honestly man...