• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The US Olympic team is totally embarrassing

Admin

I cannot believe that we got abused by Puerto Rico like this. I figured that we probably wouldnt win the Gold with such a flawed team, but there is no excuse for our pathetic free throw shooting and missing 20' 3pters. Winning the Gold isnt completely out of the picture, but I would be stunned if we even got a medal this year.

By the way, why oh why didnt the Hawks make a serious run at Carlos Arroyo? He is exactly the type of PG that we need to run our offense.

interesting stats... take a look

US took 20 more shot attempts than PR (75 to 55)

US had 46 rebounds to PR 27

so why did we lose?

7 players on PR shot a better percentage than 50%

only 1 player on the US (Odom) shot better than 50%

R Jefferson 3 for 16

A Iverson 5 for 14

T Duncan 4 for 11

if Duncan onlly attempts 11 shots in a game, we're in TROUBLE!

The "pro's" suck. They forgot how to play as a team - if they ever learned. We ought to send the NCAA champ team to the olympics - not the dueling dunkers traveling band. But we fans are to blame, we get what we ask for. We like the big name stars and don't demand team ball.

Maybe, a bright spot - any potential centers in the Games that the hawks could go for?

We don't seem to be playing good basketball overall. Foreign competition is nothing but good passing and three point shooting. So why aren't we blanketing the perimter on D and letting our big men play man to man?

Besides that since the other teams are throwing their zone d at us, they make us shoot. We have no pure shooters on this team to hit the three. Only Iverson. Tim Duncan should be the captain by the way, not Iverson. We're missing more players who can hit the three like Ray Allen and Kobe Bryant. I understand that it's a frightening time with the whole terrorist thing but there should be some pride there and have our best players over there. Right now we're getting 2nd tiers players playing.

I don't think those guys are bad players they just don't fit well together. They are all similar players. To many scorers and not enough shooters. Kinda like the hawks when we had SAR. No matter how good your post players are if you don't have shooters to protect them they won't get their touches.

Iverson and Marbury are the only servicable shooters on the team from the guard postions. Lebron, Carmello, wade etc...... are not good shooters yet. This team is very flawed.

Also they only been playing with each other for like a month. These other international teams play together more often in other competitions. The USA can no longer just pull some guys together during the olympic year and expect to win. The rest of the world has gotten better.

However when I watch the games its still obvious that the US team is much more talented but lack chemistry in every way. Offensively and Defensively we are always out of place. Which results in easy baskets for the other teams.

• Admin

They did a terrible job of filling the team. THey went for players that are marketable.

Marbury is very overrated at running a team.

The committee should have went after players like Battier, Wally Z and Redd. Role players and shooters. Playmakers like Andre Miller would be a better fit then Marbury. The problem with those guys is that they are not stars. However, their games would fit much better in this sorta enviroment.

International play is not geared towards individuals which is what a lot of the NBA team are. These guys are people that will sell jerseys not win games.

Team! That's the thing that's missing. We have NO team

in the olympics. We have professional, individual

players who are there, doing their own thing.

Sounds like our Hawks at the beginning of last season

and we all know what a disaster that turned out to be.

Great individual players. "Look at me" type players.

"I'm a star" Yep. Team? What team?

Someone posted, we should have sent team type players.

I agree. Great as they are, they are NOT a team.

Will they awaken and realise this or will they continue

on the path they have been on?

We'll just have to wait and see.

blush.gif