• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Scott Pollard

TnDawg

We don't have anyone to trade for Pollard except maybe Boris Diaw but the contracts would still not equal out. If we wanted Pollard the Terry & Stephen Jackson proposed deal would have went down instead of Jack for Al Harrington.

• Premium Member

I think we're the only team that can take pollard's salary for picks or maybe one player like......... CC or Delk? Do we want Pollard? I don't think so. I mean, he would be a sufficient C, but at this point, I'm willing to go with Drobs/Collier if we can't get a guy like Clark and just play hard and see what the season brings.

why not pollard and tinsley then?

tinsley is a true pg, which we could use

pollard is not a perimeter center (we already have those), but he's a hustler that'll do the low post dirty work and the little things

i still remember how he played for the kings...he just wasn't part of the system in indy with al/oneal...but since we have al/walker and walker likes the perimeter, he'd be pretty good

and i've always liked tinsley...he'd definitely be a good distributor and floor general for us...and much younger than KA...only his 3rd year

I have nothing against Pollard, in fact on the right team he'll be a very useful tough player. However since he has 2 yrs remaining and will not be a key component of the team's strategy, I'd rather not give up any caproom and try our luck later on when teams are more desperate to make a deal.

Again, he's not bad, and yes we do need size, but putting him on the team this season will become a problem next season.

Pollard is owed 5,792,250 this season, 6,274,937 next season. If we trade for him using only a 2nd rounder, next season we’ll have a guaranteed salary cap of 20,194,840 + 6,274,937 = 26,469,777 for 8 players. Add the players selected in the 1st rnd of the draft and we may not be able to give a FA max type money, without Pollard we could.

Hence Swift is worth it tongue.gif , but Pollard isn’t.