• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Roundup: Hawks Hold a Pair of Jackets

jaywalker72

The reason we didn't attempt to sign Sura is because we were waiting on a decision from Dampier and his agent. We couldn't afford to give Sura a contract without seeing how much it would take to get Dampier. Billy Knight liked Sura but Dampier was the prize free Agent this summer other than Kenyon Martin.

• Premium Member

If you really want Swift, you don't make an offer now. BK is smart not to put short money on Swift. We don't have the bankroll to make Jerry West not match. So if we put out a 6 year, 43 million dollar deal, West matches, then what... Swift is locked up for the next 6 years.

However, if we wait til the offseason, Walker/CC/etc comes off the books. We make Swift an offer, he's no longer restricted. He takes... He's ours at that point. The bottom line is this... Nobody has ever held Jerry west to a spending limit. He will not let a talent like Swift Go for nothing.

• Premium Member

We got rid of Guys who couldn't win signed to big deals and we got young guys and some vets that have something to prove.

I say from a competition standpt, we will be much more competitive.

The future is still in Harrington, Smith, Childress, and Diaw.. But getting some vets that got something to prove like Walker and Anderson will probably make for a team with a lot of heart showing up everynight.

I'm so glad JT is gone, I don't know what to do.

• Premium Member

Barry is better for us than Sura.

First off, Sura has never been healthy. Secondly, Barry hasn't missed a playoff in 8 yrs. Lastly, Barry has been a top shooter for the last 3 yrs. No need to cry over Sura. In fact, i wouldn't be surprised if Sura goes to the IL by Dec. He's another Hendu.

As suprised as I am to say this but I think you guys are forgetting about CC. He showed us some range last year and the only thing I ever liked about him is his hustle. I think he is tired of Basketball being a spectator sport for him and I think he will put it all on the line this year. I mean if he does not get any pt then what will he have next year. Who would pick him up. You have not seen him play in what 3 years then he is way down the bench on a new team. What we have is a team with a lot of contract years and rookies, people needing to be noticed. I don't think it is the talent that will drive us but hunger. Thats the kind of basketball I like to see.

Well Said !!

wink.gif

C.C. showed us what he can be when he is injury free.

I have to believe that his injuries were due to his not

taking care of his body. He is full of fight on thecourt, so much so that he put himself in danger of being

injured. Then, it would happen.

Hopefully, he has learned to control himself and avoid

these type injuries.

Remember too, he is the lone survivor of the Babcock

era. All the rest are gone. If we keep him, he will

be playing with a completely new team from the one he

was on before his series of injuries.

cool.gif Building a new team from the ground up takes

time. So far, it is taking shape nicely. One more big

body and we are ready to do battle in this new season.

Go Hawks !!