• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks should start thinking about the offseason.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think you strike a deal with Toine early. I think he and Harrington games are made to compliment each other... BUT Not an extension. I think something like Sheed got in Detroit. Maybe 7 yrs at 80 million. It's the one way to keep our youth together.

I think we have to also consider what would be neccessary for our future... A PG. I don't know if we will be a lottery team, I think we will be a middle of the draft team...

I say we start to target Jarrett Jack right now. He's a perfect fit for what we do. Atheletic and Strong plus he can give us some more GT tradition.

Being that we know that Big Men are bought or drafted, I'd buy one. I would get 2 tough guys.... Dale Davis (cheap) and Kevin Willis.

And I would resign Barry/Anderson.

Anderson/Jack/Ivey

J-Chill/Barry/Delk(IL)

Harrington/Diaw/Smooth

Walker/Collier

Davis/Willis/Drobs

This would be the second yr of transition for the Hawks. We would have plenty of money under the cap and have a team that has many tradable pieces...

However, as our young guys start to grow, therer will be less need for other free agents.

• Premium Member

Of Course Paul is better... as a scorer... But Jack is bigger, Stronger, and sees the floor a lot better. I think that's more of what this team will need. We have a defensive transition team. PLUS, Paul will be top 3 pick. I don't think that we will pick that high. Trust me, Jack is who we need. He's got the tools we desire and he can learn under Kenny Anderson (another GT grad who was a heady PG).

• Premium Member

I think that the years are more important to Toine than the money. This is probably his last contract and he is a good PF. I think he wants a 6 to 7 yr deal more than the money being big.

When you look at Toine, he brings a lot to the table with his versatility. I suspect a guy like him should bring in some Odom type money... From reading a lot of the stuff out of Boston, I think Toine will surprise us with his postup ability. If we can get a tough C like Dale Davis (2 years ago)... I think we will be a hard team to play against.

• Premium Member

It's not about the preseason games. We all know what Toine can do. Let's not be taken by this season. Toine is on a mission to raise his value. He will probably be an allstar. My point is that before he even gets started, let's sell him on the idea of this being a team that could win some games as long as he and Harrington remain the nucleus.

The truth is that if he doesn't like the idea of taking that deal, we can decide to start working on Josh Smith a little more. J-Smooth/Harrington could be a future if we can teach J-Smooth to be a little more versatile.