• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did you see that?

Nicholasp27

I think tonights game is a snapshot of what this season will bring. We'll see spurts of good play and flashes of what might be down the road combined with disappointment from missed opportunities. As long as we show improvement throughout the course of the season, I can live with that.

Both Smooth and Diaw did some nice things tonight and that was encouraging. Diaw is still frustrating as hell though. I KNOW he could take his man off the dribble on occasion if he would just do it but he is so reluctant to do things like that. He has the skills just not the confidence.

• Premium Member

I think this years Hawks will be OK. I think the more JSmooth plays, the better he will become. I think that Big Al and A&W will do well and AW will not be as selfish as some like to claim. It was funny watching them take turns abusing Gooden on the low post.

About last night's game, I think that McInnis and James hit some big shots and that was the difference. That and Illguaskas. I don't know about our C position. I don't like Diaw at the PG but he can do it. KA made some good passes.

I think that when Delk is healthy he may be our starting 2.

I agree with practically Diesel you said. The more smooth plays, the more comfortable he will get. The kid can definitely get up and yes the difference were 2 big shots one by James and one by McInnis. The same thing with Chill the more comfortable and playing time he gets, the better he will be. I think this team can become a playoffs team and it all depends on Chill, Smooth, Collier, and Diaw. Because we all know what we are gonna get from Toine, Al, Willis, Anderson, Delk, and Barry....thos guys will come in night in and night out and perform. Those 4 young guns will determine our season.

We are very weak at center in the sense of defense, but Collier does have a very nice shot and range and he has a very difficult to defend left hook. He just needs to play very hard and tough. Toine is hella good, he makes things look so easy and I think he plays so much better in the post or facing the basket, just try to keep the perimeter game on a low down Toine.

How about letting Pig Miller go and pick up Ruben Boumtge Boumtge or Gary Trent, both were released yesterday.

• Premium Member

I like what I have seen from both Toine and Harrington. I think both guys are playing well. AW impressed me with his effort on defense. For a player who is supposed to be weak on defense, he's trying.

About Smooth, he looked good on the highlight stuff, but he did miss 2 shots by a mile. I think that being on the court however, will help his confidence. Now, he needs somebody to mentor him and help trim his game. I would suggest Grant Long!! However, he's calling the games now. I guess, Nique could help out... if he's not to busy being a figurehead.

Chillz is different. He needs to eat and lift weights. I thought coming out that he was too skinny. I think he can still be a good contributor.

Our team is missing an element of toughness... at C. Drobs/Collier are both weak. We need Dale Davis or some enforcer type guy. I guy who can rip down a rebound, shoot an elbow, and scare people who come through the lane. Last night Big Z had his way. I can't say who in the league we can get, but DD should be an option during free agency.