• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Troy Bell

BeeSwatter

When I think of Bell I think of him as a combo guard in the mold of a less experienced Tony Delk. Am I off base? While we could certainly use more outside shooting does this guy have the point guard skills to really back up Anderson instead of Ivey or Diaw? At BC he was a big time scorer and not much of a point. Has this changed since he has been in Memphis? Thoughts?

I have to agree with you MoonKnight. I would look to add him on talent alone but I am not sure what kind of point guard he can be. He didn't really get a chance in Memphis last year. I think he only played in 6 games. Of course this is all just speculation because I really don't see Memphis cutting him loose. Insider also said that the Jazz with their injury problems at the point and the Bobcats, along with the Hawks, would be in the running if he was indeed cut loose. I loved the guy at B.C. I think he was in that Dewayne Wade mode. Not sure if he can make the transition from shooting guard in college to NBA point guard as well as Wade has though.

how many times do we have to go over this? Crawford is on the IL for the rest of the year. one of three spots (the 13, 14, and 15 spots) that we have previously avoided unless a player was truly injured.

there's no need to 'buy him out' as many are suggesting!

• Premium Member

Those three spots are two fold. Yes, we can hide players who we want to keep like Donta. But also, we need the space available so that we can put actual hurt players on there... So in essence, there is a 15 man roster and we're using up all 15 spaces. If we wanted someone like Bell or Shaq for that matter, somebody would have to go.

They probably do need the big body more but I just hate to see us pass on Bell if we have a chance to get him. He may not turn into a player at all but coming out of college he was awesome. I would just like to give him a shot, cause he could turn into a star. I say we let Pig go and get atleast one of these guys.

Quote:

how many times do we have to go over this? Crawford is on the IL for the rest of the year. one of three spots (the 13, 14, and 15 spots) that we have previously avoided unless a player was truly injured.

there's no need to 'buy him out' as many are suggesting!

we HAVE USED ALL 3 SPOTS: Delk, Danta, Crawford currently reside in those spots

1-12: ka, aw, ah, smooth, chill, diaw, ivey, delk, pig, drob, collier, willis

13-15: delk, donta, cc

SO,

if we want to ADD a player (Bell?), then we HAVE TO (yes, HAVE TO) buy out CC so we can open up a space for him...we could then move Ivey or someone to CCs spot and put Troy on the court