• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Was So Wrong

sinctybldh

Luol Deng is awesome. I cannot even believe we passed him up in the draft for Childress. It is night and day. Deng looks so confident on the floor. He is tenacious. He can rebound, he can shoot, he can post his man up and back them down, he can handle the ball, he can block shots, he can steal the ball, he can defend. How the hell did we miss the boat on this guy? I have been sitting here watching the Bulls game and I am in awe of him.

I am for Childress and Josh Smith to develop but man Deng could turn out to be an all star while the hawks wait and wait and wait for Childress and Smith to develop. I am so sick of the hawks drafting players that don't live up to there potential and other teams get star players the hawks could have drafted.Keep in mind we don't know how Childress and Smith will develop but the waiting and waiting makes a hawk's fan almost want to give up.

Gordon I read is looking very bad so maybe the bulls didn't make out as good as some wanted.I know Harrington will play well but deng is playing shooting guard.

I am one that thought we should have drafted Deng over Childress too. People say....well we needed a SG. Actually we needed everything. We are rebuilding stage remember. An Childress is not a true SG. He is playing the SG position with SF quickness. He is find it very hard to get his shots off in the NBA at SG.

Deng should have been our pick, especially if and when we get rid of Walker.

Deng is playing like he has been in the NBA for years!!!

• Admin

Year after year we're stuck in this delima and year after year we make the wrong choice. It seems that no matter who we have running the show, they end up being a knucklehead who picks based on character or to "fill a need" rather than taking the best available player.

Dude is for real and he WILL continue to improve. We lost out.

• Admin

When we drafted, the ONLY things we had were JT and Diaw, everyone else was scrap. Diaw isn't a guard and he sure as hell isn't shooting. JT wasn't going to be around anyway.

I'd much rather have a rookie scoring 18 per game to get excited about than Walker chucking 3's faster than a squirrel eats nuts.

Those who say we picked for need are flat out wrong. BK made it clear before and after the draft that we were drafting the best player available regardless of position. That's how we got 5 swingmen in the past 2 drafts.

BK thinks Childress will be the better player in the long run. We'll just have to wait and see.

BK didn't draft Childress because he thought we needed a SG. He drafted him because he thought he was the best player left on the board at #6. Most people (both on this board and the so called experts) thought that Deng or Iguodala was the best player left at #6. We will see if BK was right or if almost everyone else was right.