This is the trade we need!!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Walker/CC/Delk/1st 2006 to N.O.

B.Davis/Mashburn to Atlanta...

Davis was not happy with the changes that the Hornets made especially Scott. He asked to be traded but he has 4 more years on his current deal.

I suggest trading them our best player and a 2006 first rounder for Davis...

It gives us:

Davis/J-Chill/J-Smooth/A-Harrington/Collier...

Then in the draft, we take the best Big man available... Either Aldridge, Peja, or Morris...

But Davis would make J-Smooth a Star!

• Premium Member

What makes trading at the deadline better than trading now? If you think about it, at the deadline, it's worst. Too many other suitors who have fallen out of the playoff race and just want to dump salary.

I think Getting something done early can help both teams....

But even if you wait... It's still a good deal. N.O. gets out of a hectic contract and they get a 1st rounder... With all that capspace, they can make a run at Tony Parker and Walker.

Us... Our stability lies in the fact that we have Davis/Harrington/Smith/Childress for the next 3 yrs.

Contenders who realize they need that extra push to become champions make desperate moves at the trade deadline. That's what makes it better. Or GMs trying to save their jobs.

The bottom line is desperate times call for desperate measures and if you're shrewd you can get better deals. Also fans understand trades better if they come in the middle of a season that is not going well. GMs are hesitant to trade stars in the early weeks. For instance portland would not have traded Sheed in week 2 of the season.

I would do that trade in a heartbeat but I don't think it will work because Davis' biggest gripe with NO is that the team is not a contender. Atlanta, even with Davis, is not a contender unless a big man is added.

I will say this though, I am slightly intrigued by the quality of Royal Ivey's play in the last game. So probably to early to pull the panic button, meaning we are better off waiting for the trade deadline to at least see what we have.

Quote:

What makes trading at the deadline better than trading now?

Well for one you need to make sure Walker is or isn't the right fit for your rebuilding team. It will take at least half the season to definatively determine that. You have to see if he fits chemistry wise with a rebuilding team.

Again this is the only person on this squad that will possibly be traded this year. When I don't know if ever. All other talk about trades is a waste of time because it ain't happening.

Anyway what makes you think Baron Davis would even want to come to worst team in the league?

There will not be any trades like that!!