• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deng drops another 18/7

chillzatl

• Premium Member

I actually watched the game... Deng is not all that. He got a lot of points off of layups and putbacks. Then in garbage time when Phoenix turned off the burners. When given an open shot, he missed early and often. I wouldn't be surprised if he shot maybe 20%.

Chicago runs some funny lineups but I guess you do anything to keep up with the Suns. Duhon = Diaw.... with better passes and worst shooting.

Heinrich is the Bulls best player. Deng is putting up numbers though. Diesel has a point though in that the Bull's shooting is almost as bad as the Hawks so that leaves a lot of rebounding opportunities for Deng. Still, I think Deng is going to be a solid player, worst case a Shane Battier type that every team needs.

• Admin

You make it sound like a guy getting layups and putbacks are a negative thing? One of his eight were off put-backs. Nothing wrong with shooting mid-40's from the field, FOR A ROOKIE.

You seem to go out of your way to guys game as junk. Though I know why.... No bother though. He's the guy we should have drafted, period. Childress is a porkchop.

• Premium Member

You guys talk as if Deng is the second coming of Bron James.

The truth is he's overhyped. His shooting is not good. He gets Putbacks and Layups. I have always maintained that he is good at what he does, but he's nothing to get tooo exciting over. His team is in a losing position 90% of the time he plays. His team misses a lot of shots. Their team average FG% is 37.9%... Even the lowly Hawks shoots 40.1%. So, being a Big Strong Sf, yes, Deng is going to get a lot of rebounds and putbacks... Still, does it mean he can take over a game? NO. All it means is that his game is accentuated by how bad his team is.

Deng puts himself in a great position for putbacks. He has a nice stroke from outside. He also is an excellent passer. I have no doubt in my mind he is a future all-star. I think the coach of the bulls is a moron for not starting him. That is ok he keeps not starting him and he will be fired soon.

Personally I don't care if they are putbacks, layups, off the foot, around the back, off the shoe lace or whatever they come from. The bottom line is as a ROOKIE (I remind you) Deng is putting up excellent numbers in the NBA and has done so since being drafted.

You can not sit there and tell me Childress was a better pick than Deng. No way in hell!! Childress looks like a kid among men on the court. First of all he need buck up at least 20 to 30 more lbs. He needs to figure out how to get his shot off. The only credit I can give him is that he plays decent defense and a lot of that is because he is so lanky and long for a SG. But he plays at a college SF skill level and pace on offense.

I even noticed last night that the veterans don't even want to pass the ball to him. They have even lost confidence in him. He was wide open several times and they refused to pass him the ball. They are not confident he can hit a shot.

• Premium Member

I can't tell you after 4 pro games what will happen with Childress... And you would be a fool to try to guess.

All I'm saying is that in terms of skills, Deng shot is NOT great and his atheletic ability is lacking. He's good and getting into position to get a putback and he's good at being there on a run out for the layup... But he's no Bron James.

In the end, we will need somebody that can hit the side of the goal from Outside. You can talk all you want, but Chillz might be better at that than Deng. Let's save this discussion for midseason...

All I'm saying is that in terms of skills, Deng shot is NOT great and his atheletic ability is lacking. He's good and getting into position to get a putback and he's good at being there on a run out for the layup... But he's no Bron James.

>

LOL No Lebron James? Who the hell said he was? He is a damn good rookie with a great deal of upside. I have no doubt in my mind he will be an all star player within the next few years.

Quote:

Deng shot is NOT great and his atheletic ability is lacking

And Childress's shot IS great? What games have you been looking at? Childress's outside shot is terrible with a capital T and the bad part about it is that he is playing SHOOTING guard.

No one is comparing Deng to Lebron James. I have no idea where that came into this discussion. We had the 6 pick in the draft and we decided to go with Chillz over Deng when Deng has always been rated higher than Chillz and now he is showing why. That is the debate.

Quote:

He's good and getting into position to get a putback and he's good at being there on a run out for the layup

That is an very important part of the game. Offensive rebounding and positioning is very important. Just like Special Teams in Football. That is just important as any other skill on the court. Too bad we don't have anyone consistently getting into position and getting putbacks and layups. Guess what if we had Deng we would have some one that could do that well.

• Premium Member

You know after 4 games, it's overwhelmingly evident that Chillz will never be nothing and that deng will flourish into KG. What is the PAC-10 anyway... It's a week conference because they get no television coverage.

You're right, Chillz Suck and Deng is the [censored]. I love those Putbacks and Airballs. You know it doesn't even matter that after 2 seasons people were calling Scottie Pippen piss poor Pip... The game is changed now, 4 games is enough for us... Chillz You suck!