• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Troy Bell to workout for us Thursday

NickJYD

• Premium Member

I would love to see us sit somebody, trade somebody, eat CC's contract and play RoYAL and TB at the PG positions.

Ivey/Bell/Anderson

Childress/Barry

Harrington/D-Smith/Diaw

Walker/J-Smooth

Peja/Willis/Collier

I would like that...

Quote:

The Nuggets, who have been looking for a third point guard, will work out free agent Troy Bell today. He is scheduled to work out for Atlanta on Thursday. If Bell is signed, forward- center Arthur Johnson could be cut to open a roster spot.

"I just want to be in the best situation where it's the most promising," Bell said.

This is what Bell said and what I am picking up on that quote is that we wants to be somewhere where he gets an opportunity to shine and in Denver he won't, he will be backing up Miller and Boykins. Here in Atlanta he has an opportunity of fighting for that starting PG role. Right now Ivey is outplaying Anderson, but if Bell can come in here and outplay both, which he is talented enough to do it, then he can be a starter here.

With Ivey looking good and then if Bell worked out we'd suddenly go from looking to draft a PG to being set there. I'd much prefer to go that way, then we can concentrate on moves or drafting bigmen. Billy will have to move around a few players but hopefully Troy will look good enough to convince Billy to do it.

Sign Troy, cut Jelani. Give Troy a few week trial then buy out Crawford to bring back Delk and place Anderson on the IR?

• Premium Member

This is where my thoughts are...

A future of

Ivey/Bell

Childress/Smith/Barry

Harrington/Smith/Diaw

Walker/Big Man.

Big Man/Peja.

In the two places I have Big man, that's where we draft...

For instance.... Charlie Villenueva, Luke S (Ga Tech).

Ivey/Bell

Childress/Smith/Barry

Harrington/Smith/Diaw

Walker/Charlie V.

Luke S./Peja.

Now, that would be interesting with Growth...

It would be nice to be set at all our small positions and I think we are about there, especially if we pick up Bell.

I just dont see us keeping Walker more than another few months. I think he's talented but he demands more salary than we probably want to pay and he creates defensive matchup problems and demands a dominant center to play with, much like Shareef just worse defensively. For Walker we at least get an expiring contract (which allows us to buy who we need) and a good draft pick. Or we may get someone we need such as Dalembert.

Schenscher is a decent college player but I dont think he could have beat out Randolph Morris if he had chosen Tech and I also dont think he could beat out Collier on our team.

I'd like to see a Dalembert deal and then draft Tiago Splitter or Villanueva and then sign Swift preferably but maybe Nene or even Shareef. Keep Drob. Maybe draft Graham outta Ok St with our second pick or the High Schooler Aldridge if we somehow pick up and second first rounder.