• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wow, Kevin Brown for Andruw Jones?

Admin

According to the Insider Rumors this morning, there is talk of a deal between the Yanks and Braves that would do just that. Apparently the Braves want to rid themselves of Jones' deal and the Yanks certainly want to rid themselves of Brown. As a Yankees fan its interesting. It makes me wonder if they would still go after Beltran (although it would seem unlikely). I feel for Braves fans though.

How about this? Yanks deal Brown for Jones and then turn around and trade Jones as part of a package for Randy Johnson? As a Yankee fan I would prefer that over dealing Vazquez or Posada for Randy Johnson. Then we can still sign Beltran.

Yep thats exactly right. Apparently the Yankees are willing to pick up 10 of Brown's 15 mil next year plus all of Andruw's salary. At 5 mil for 1 season Brown is a hell of a pitcher. Until he threw out his back last year he was leading the AL in ERA and he was unbeaten. You certainly cannot depend on him for an entire season though and thats why I hope he is sent packing.

• Admin

He's worth a lot more than Brown, even if they pick up the salary. He had a pretty good offensive 2nd half too. I'm not Jones biggest fan. But I wouldn't give him up in that deal. they could do a LOT better.

I still chalk this one up to the NY media dreaming up scenarios to get them back to a title.

Well you might be right about it being a NY media thing. They are pretty insane with rumors this time of the year.....so who knows.

I agree the Braves should be able to get more, but really Andruw has never and probably will never live up to his potential at the plate and he strikes out way too much. Personally I would rather have Beltran and call it a day, but I would take just about anyone to dump Kevin Brown