• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope you naysayers are watching the growth of

Admin

Chill is always around the ball, especially rebounds, seems to know where the ball is going. When he gets a little stronger and a little more confidence in his outside shooting he'll be tough. In two years he should be a consistent stat filler, dont know if he'll ever average more than 12-15ppg but his rebound and loose ball hustle stats will make him very valuable.

• Premium Member

I handn't heard of him, and followed Deng VERY closely; after we missed Howard, Livingston, and Harris...I wanted Deng. But after we drafted him, and I read up on him, I was 100% behind the pick.

I've also been saying very quietly to give the kid time. There's really no sense in arguing with people who want to condemn the guy after only the preseason and a few games...playing in the shadow of AW/AH no less. Chill has a very good game going to the basket and I think he's going to be VERY good. For the most part, he just needs room to work and time to work - in addition to adjusting to the speed of the NBA game and bulking up.

MAN what a game he had tonight though...

And I cought the game at the tail end of the 3rd quarter (damn school!) so I didn't even SEE that dunk until I logged on here a few minutes ago. DAMN!

I was impressed just by the way he played away from the ball.

He was just magnificent. I think I found my new favorite hawks players in Chill. What he showed tonight was pure energy and aggresiveness, he wasnt afraid to take it up on Deek nor Yao, now thats impressive for a rookie. What was most impressive was his 8 rebounds. Yes I agree he should start, but lets bring him up little by little, by mid december Chill should replace Diaw in the starting lineup. The block on Howard was very impressive as well, but that dunk was just freaking AWESOME. He was 6-6 from the floor, and once he gets the confidence on his shooting, watchout. He is definitely a 14-16 ppg player, he rebounds very well, he is very fast and quick, and loves taking the ball to hole, with great handles, he can be very special.

One more suggestion we can trade Boris Diaw for Dale Ellis?

I told you guys. Childress is one of those rookies who was honestly shocked to be in the NBA. You see it happen to a number of guys every year. They're just intimidated. Then after a couple of weeks/months, you start to see what you've really gotten.

Sure looked good last night.

I think the key for chill is for him to go to the rim, and just let his long range game come along whenever it does. Earlier he was taking all long shots and getting frustrated when it didn't work

• Premium Member

Hmm... All these folks who were calling him a bust last week are now kissing his feet???

I will say this once again.

Let's give the kids 20 games before we judge. I think he will turn out to be a good player. I just don't want us to get too high now and he turns into a rookie next game when Tmac is not the player gaurding him.

The good thing is that there is improvement.

I am still impressed with Peja... He's the biggest surprise of all.

If things keep up, maybe BK will get some recognition, maybe not executive of the year, but something.

Diesel, I specifically recall posting last week his pre-draft scouting notes and a few of us in the minority were blasted. Now this is just one game so I'm not blinded by that fact, but the thing that everyone who supported Chill before this game sought was patience. Eventually look at what we have IF all of our rookies come along....IVEY - Good point material (very suprising), CHILL - Beginning to show confidence (should be starting), and SMOOTH - flashes of athletic freakiness (Will take longer, but when he get's it...WOW). And we still don't know what we have in Donta Smith. This is the reason I've been excited about Chill, and the rookies.

Now when Chill shoots 1-10 from the floor, who will start the first Deng post?

• Admin

not to take anything away from him. I'm happy to see him contribute in such a meaningful game. But c'mon people, this is only one game. I hope he builds off of this and continues to deliver like this. But until I see it, I have to consider this to be no different than the rare good game from Diaw. Something to enjoy. But nothing to get overly excited about. I want consistancy, not 1 good game out of every 10.