• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm sick of Boris Diaws game....

chillzatl

• Admin

Am I the only one feeling this? It's time for Childress to start. We gambled a high pick on this guy and we're letting him ride the pine for Diaw's no-shot ass to do a lot of nothing out there.

Whatever it is that Diaw MIGHT bring to the table, isn't worth waiting on so that a #5 pick can ride the pine. Especially a #5 pick with 3 years of high profile college ball under his belt.

I'm sick of everyone whining about him. He took 4 shots in 12 minutes yesterday, or one shot every 3 minutes. Chill took 6 shots in 32 minutes, or one shot every 5.3 minutes. So what was your point? All Chill's buckets were putbacks and came off boards. It's not like he was creating for himself either.

And for the millionth time, throwing a rookie ino the starting lineup is not necessarily the best way for him to improve. Why does everyone keep talking like it is? If it was, all our rookies would be in there all the time.

Diaw is a better passer, and as good a defender. Clearly last year Boris didn't understand that he needed to be aggressive. Clearly now he does. He deserves more time to see how he can perform, being more aggressive. It is good for Chill to have to earn PT by coming off the bench. I think starting Chill now would be a mistake.

• Admin

Since when has Diaw understood that he needs to be aggressive? Unless I've been in another dimension for this short season, I thought that's what EVERYONE was whining about when it came to Diaw. The guy is so unaggressive it's sickening.

You talk about his MPG vs. FGA like it would have been much different if he played 35 minutes. So far this year, it doesn't matter how much he plays, he only takes 4-5 shots.

You have to put starting childress in perspective. It's not like we're calling for a blanket policy of starting all rookies. But this is damned #5 pick man! This is a guy that was supposed to be ready. A guy who played 3 years of high profile ball, was drafted that high and can supposedly score, SHOULD be starting on a team devoid of talent. ESpecially one that is devoid of talent at his position.

i think part of the 'frustration' and 'calling for Childress to start' stems not so much from what he's done, but what Diaw has seemingly failed to do, to grasp, as a second year player with significant experience and summer play. we've seen little growth on his 'issues' and therefore are turnign to the next new thign...

How many times does coach Woodson have to preach to Diaw to shoot the ball. Diaw was doing okay as far as looking for his shot until he passed up an easy shot 10feet from the basket just to pass it back out to Antoine Walker. Soon after this Diaw got yanked from the game. I am glad Woodson got him out of the game. There is not excuse for passing up a easy shot like that one.

The one that pissed me off the most was an offensive rebound he got under the basket and passed it back out, he suppose to take that back up strong. I mean he is 6'8 and O'Neal is the only legitimate shotblocker they have. I was like d@mn Diaw take that $hit up like man. I even tell my wife how much he $ucks and she agrees with me.

Chillz.... chill.

Fact of the matter is that neither is ready to start. Sure JC has a resume, but let him continue to earn his playing time. I think that Chill should get the bulk of the minutes because he has been more productive, not because of his resume.

Diaw has performed well as a starter before, but he is still adjusting to this new version of the Hawks. I think its important to remember that, for now, Diaw is still a part of the Hawks' future, has his moments and still has potential (even if it's as trade bait).

Josh has played well for the last 2-3 games, but I don't think he has overcome all of his early short-comings either. I still would like for him to show a bit more consistency before I'd put him back in the starting line up. Keep the starting role out there like a carrot for him to continue striving a few more games.

What matters most, getting minutes or getting to start?

I agree. Even though Diaw is starting, but Chill is getting the majority of the minutes and most important is that Woody has the confidence in Chill to play him against 2 very good teams with the game on the line the entire 4th quarter in both games. Thats confidence my friends and Chill has earned it.

I tell you a shot that gave Chill some confidence in his 3 point shooting, NOT the one he made that counted, but I dont know if you all notice one 3 pointer he made, when Peja got fouled before the shot, and he passed it to Chill, well the play was already over and Chill just took the shot for the h3ll of it and drained it......moments after he hit his first 3 pointer. I believe that shot gave him confidence in his 3 point shooting.