• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chill getting it done again tonight

Admin

• Admin

I wanted Deng. I still want Deng. Doesn't mean I watned childress to fail or had given up on him. I just wanted to see something, ANYTHING!

But put it in perspective. He's had two games where he looked...good. That's not just good, but good...for a rookie. Now, I'm not taking that for granted. But at the same time, that's what I expected all along. I expected him to be able to play at "good, for a rookie" level. I would be content with that in his first year. That gets us 10-12 extra points and whatever other abilities he brings to the table. But it's not like he dropped 30/12/7 on anyone.

Quote:

I wanted Deng. I still want Deng. Doesn't mean I watned childress to fail or had given up on him. I just wanted to see something, ANYTHING!

But put it in perspective. He's had two games where he looked...good. That's not just good, but good...for a rookie. Now, I'm not taking that for granted. But at the same time, that's what I expected all along. I expected him to be able to play at "good, for a rookie" level. I would be content with that in his first year. That gets us 10-12 extra points and whatever other abilities he brings to the table. But it's not like he dropped 30/12/7 on anyone.

Stop being so ungrateful. He is on our team...SUPPORT HIM, DAMMIT!

STOP TALKING ABOUT GUYS FROM OTHER TEAMS!!! DENG ISN'T ON OUR TEAM.....

• Premium Member

Childress is this year's scapegoat...

It's a Hawk tradition. Blame has variously fallen on Big Dog, SAR, JT, several coaches, Pete Babcock, et al. And, in most cases, those people deserved it.

In this case, though, people had unreasonable expectations of a rookie. And they are overhyping Deng...

Yes, I think you guys are overhyping Deng. He has "Glenn Robinson the 2nd" written all over him...Good scorer and rebounder who peaked early in his career.

--- --- ---

You can *fairly* criticize draft picks (roughly) three seasons after the draft. I am going to repeat that phrase as often as you guys laud Deng's scoring. Over and over and over...

he has done the last two games. He was supposed to be ready to contribute as a rookie and he has done that the last two games. I had been VERY disappointed in his performance since he became A Hawk up until Tuesday night and I won't apologize for that one bit.

Just because I think it is obvious that Deng has been a LOT better up until this point doesn't mean I gave up on him or that I don't want him to be successful. I'd LOVE to see him become an All Star.

The bottom line is that I think Chill has the ability to be a very good player in this league and I won't apologize for criticizing him when I feel he is not playing up to his ability or to expectations. Up until this point Deng, has clearly been the better player, even when you take into account Chill's back to back solid performances. Who knows who will be the better player between him and Deng before all is said and done? Time will tell. I sure as heck hope it is Chill but even if it is not, as long as Chill continues to develop and becomes the best player he can be, that will be more than fine with me.