• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another new Rookie who's gonna be good...

Inside_Man

• Moderators

Bob Neil has been around a long time but hasn't worked that much in recent years I don't think. It will take him some time but he's a pro.

Hawks fans are spoiled by Bob Rathbun I think. I'm sure some don't like him but for my money he's the best play by play guy out there and he works 365 doing hawks, braves, and college ball.

• Premium Member

I always looked forward to the Stinger and Rathbun. I miss him saying, "Pure jump shooter in the house Bob." *lol* "That was about a 9.7 on that J." I even liked the way he miss pronounced guys names...like...

Sto-ockavich *lol* Like his mouth just wouldn't let him put that Y in there.

Grant's trying though. He is insigtful and adds a very intelligent commentary. But, I dunno, he's a bit monotonous and it just doesn't feel like "home" not as bright and chipper as it used to be.

Not at all bad though. Not by any means. Just different and I miss the Stinger. frown.gif

Quote:

I always looked forward to the Stinger and Rathbun. I miss him saying, "Pure jump shooter in the house Bob." *lol* "That was about a 9.7 on that J." I even liked the way he miss pronounced guys names...like...

Sto-ockavich *lol* Like his mouth just wouldn't let him put that Y in there.

Grant's trying though. He is insigtful and adds a very intelligent commentary. But, I dunno, he's a bit monotonous and it just doesn't feel like "home" not as bright and chipper as it used to be.

Not at all bad though. Not by any means. Just different and I miss the Stinger.
frown.gif

I think Grant Long will grow on you just like the Stinger did. Stinger is one of a kind but so is Grant(he just needs a season or two under his belt before we judge his performance)

Lol I can't believe you guys are grading the announcers LOL.

I'm going to miss Mike Glenn. I loved the "Yes Sir" comment and thats a 9.1 on the J. Mike GlenN and Rathburn were good to me.

I like the new guys too. Grant Long has a good announcer voice he just needs to learn to get more excited sometimes. When there is a thunderous dunk he needs to explode and say "Booom shaka lakaa laakaaa"