• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why isnt anyone talking about Al abusing Artest?

Admin

Last night Al made Artest his b*tch and nobody is talking about that. I was listening to the game on League Pass with the Pacer announcers and they said they couldnt ever remember an opposing player dropping 30 on Artest or seeing him ever outplayed by his man.

Point blank we lost last night because we started firing from outside too much, and it appeared that we were very fatigued at the end of the game. Walker was really off and should have passed the ball more since his shot wasnt falling, but at least he was trying. I love the effort he always puts into the games.

Right now it appears as though post defense, free throw shooting, and outside shooting are going to be our achilles heels. Thankfully this is only season 1 of our building stage and those are all things we can replace next season.

I think there's been some discussion on it.

Al was playing without the brace on his hand/wrist last night. I believe that may have had something to do with his sluggish start. I think playing against the team that said he wasn't good enough to start over Artest had something to do with it, as well.

I'm not expecting him to drop 30 every night, but that was the type of skill I was expecting from him.

It doesnt matter if we won or lost. The point to this season isnt winning every game. Its to get better each game. The fact that Al had his best game as a Hawk against the premier perimeter defender in the NBA is a HUGE accomplishment, sorry that you have to have a win to appreciate that fact.

Dead on the money DJ. If we get 85% of the Al we saw last night all year I'd be happy. He looked better last night than when he dropped his carreer high on Reef a few years back. Hopefully with this new confidence, Al will give us what we expected, or more, much like Drob did after exploding on the scene against Seattle.

• Admin

haha man! If you don't believe in moral victories, you need to find a new team to follow! Moral victories make up about 60% of what little we get. You have to learn to savor those puppies.

Al picked up a fist full of money and threw it in Artests face! There's no making lite of it. This is what I expect from him now. That type of effort at least. If he plays that hard every night and prepares with the same kind of focus, He could be a star.

Quote:

haha man! If you don't believe in moral victories, you need to find a new team to follow! Moral victories make up about 60% of what little we get. You have to learn to savor those puppies.

Al picked up a fist full of money and threw it in Artests face! There's no making lite of it. This is what I expect from him now. That type of effort at least. If he plays that hard every night and prepares with the same kind of focus, He could be a star.

You misunderstand me. I *want* this team to 'HATE TO LOSE'. You understand what I'm getting at? The idea is to win games and further eliminate the LOSING ATMOSPHERE that has permeated this franchise ever since Deke,Smitty, and Mookie left. I'm a Hawks fan(or rather I became one) because I like the direction this franchise is now heading with all these solid rookies(not superstars but hard-working blue-collar types) and cagey veterans(like my boy Antoine and Big AL). Detroit proved that Defense Wins Championships and I consider it a coup to get Woodson here as Head Coach. I think we are on the right track as far as Progress goes but it would help SOOOOOO MUCH MORE for the rookies confidence(and the veterans peace of mind) if we won some games here and there.

Don't mind me. I was just po'ed that we had a big lead against Indy and we blew it. Just a case of sour grapes, Chillz. That's all. wink.gif

GO HAWKS!!!!!