• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

This week...Childress vs Deng

Admin

Each player has played in 3 games. I have them both on my fantasy squad so I did a little check to see what they were up to this week compared to each other. Here are the results.

Games Played: 3 each

Minutes: Childress: 85 - Deng: 74

FG%: Childress: .609 - Deng: .351

3pters Made: Childress: 3 - Deng: 3

3pt%: Childress: .500 - Deng: .375

FT%: Childress: .700 - Deng: .667

O-Rebounds: Childress: 7 - Deng: 5

Rebounds: Childress: 16 - Deng: 15

Assists: Childress: 6 - Deng: 3

Steals: Childress: 6 - Deng: 2

Blocks: Childress: 2 - Deng: 0

Turnovers: Childress: 4 - Deng: 8

Now, granted this is only the past 3 games and Deng clearly outplayed him to start the season, but over the past 3 I think we can all agree what we have seen from Childress has impressed us. Looking at these stats, he beat Deng in every single category and I think that is quite impressive.

What I am loving most about Childress that has surprised me is that he REALLY attacks the basket. He seems to get a ton of offensive rebounds for a SG, and he is also very good at stealing the ball. I knew he was a good leader who was athletic and had a good shot, but those are things that have certainly surprised me so far this year.

Nice stats. About the only thing that worries me about Childress is his hands. He seems to have incredible instincts to be around the ball, especially rebounding. But he often just cant quite hold onto the ball. Not sure if he has small or weak hands? I hope it's just that he hasnt quite caught up to the speed and strength of the NBA players. I wish he put a little more arch on his outside shot but that's always the case when a player is missing. When it goes in no one comments. Afterall, Jordan usually shot a flat shot.

I'm also interested to see where he eventually plays the most minutes. Right now Childress really plays more like a SF and Josh Smith plays more like a PF. As their outside shooting improves they may move to the smaller position exclusively. If not they both can just try to bulk up and play the bigger position. I guess needs of the team may dictate it also.

BK covets length and versatility...both Smoove and Chill have the ablity to play 3 positions on the floor as does Diaw and I think Donta does as well...Chill need to and will get stronger and Smoove isn't even done growing yet...we don't know what he's gonna look like once he fills out?..But his athleticisim will allow him to keep his versatility...I'm excited about the future of all of this years draft picks and Diaw as well(he'll shoot more guys...pe patient...he's still a young buck also)...By end of this year and years to come...these guys will be hard to beat!!!...Just a few more missing pieces.