• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh MTF Smith!!!!!!!!!!

emeans

It is about time Mr. Woodson let this kid stay in the game and get warmed up. It was all Josh Smith tonight. He changed literally about 20 shots tonight. He was the difference.

We would have many more wins if he stuck with the kid instead of pulling him out after 1 bad shot.

I bet Woodson feels like a big dummy now for not playing the best defensive and athletic player you have on the team. Big dummy!!!

Secondly, what is Antoine Walkers shooting percentage?? Was it me or did he miss a hell of lot of shots. He and Al Harrington absolutely force too many shots!! Pass the d^%&* ball Walker and Al...you are missing the shots anyway!! Let someone else miss or make those shots.

This team would be much better with Josh Smith playing many more minutes!!!

look at how Woodson played him

he almost took him out several times, but then he would make some spectacular play and theyd have to keep him in

keeping Smooth on a short leash is the best way to keep him focused out there...otherwise he gets too helter-skelter

that being said, i think its clear he is a rising force on this Hawks team...great effort from him and the rest of the team on D for much of the 2nd half

Go Hawks!!!

I agree with what you said about Smith and Walker,but I disagree with you saying that Harrington forced too many shots. Tonight he let his offense come to him,and stopped deferring his shots to Walker. We need to play this way every night,solid offense,good defense. I though Iverson was going for 60 in the first quarter.

~Peace

That is the problem!!! He always takes him out way too early!!

We would have lost this game if he had taken him out this time and he almost did.

This would have been another Loss without Josh Smith!!

He has to leave the guy in to work through his mistakes. He is just too talented to be sitting on the bench!! For every mistake he makes he usually makes it up on the defensive end.....I can't say that for any other so called "veteran" on this team!! They screw up time and time and time again and Woodson never pulls them!! He need to keep a short leash on them!!

proper development of our rookies is the point

if one of the rooks arent making the effort in practice, or are out of control on the floor, they should be yanked

otherwise, you wind up with a situation like Chicago, where they just trot the youngsters out every nite to get cremated on the court...it doesnt do anyone any good

make em work for it...its better for us in the long run

[/rant] smirk.gif

Quote:

proper development of our rookies is the point

if one of the rooks arent making the effort in practice, or are out of control on the floor, they should be yanked

You are missing the point. Josh Smith has EARNED the right to play more minutes, not only in practice but also in the game. You can do as much damage to a kids confidence by yanking a young player after he misses one shot. It goes both ways!!!

Josh Smith has always shown a lot of effort on the floor everytime he gets playing time. If you add up the turnovers, missed shots, missed freethrows that our "veterans" are making it isn't even close to the mistakes Josh Smith has made on the floor.

Woodson is going to learn the hardway. And I think he learned a lesson himself tonight. Play your best defensive player more!!

I agree Harrington played an excellent game. I was mostly talking about Walker and some of Al's past games. Harrington was very solid this game.

I have to throw a towel at the TV at some of stuff Walker forces and just throws up at the hoop with a man wide open. And then to top it off he misses his free throws in clutch times during the game.

But you are right Harrington was solid!!

Quote:

I agree Harrington played an excellent game. I was mostly talking about Walker and some of Al's past games. Harrington was very solid this game.

I have to throw a towel at the TV at some of stuff Walker forces and just throws up at the hoop with a man wide open. And then to top it off he misses his free throws in clutch times during the game.

But you are right Harrington was solid!!

I disagree. The difference tonight was the rebounding.

Walker forced some shots but please spare me that he was the only one. How many times did Harrington shoot between 3 or more players. It happens everytime he plays including tonight.

Take a look at the stats, we won tonight because more then one person rebounded the ball.

Have you notice the two guys that crash the boards the most if Smith and Chill. I think Chill should also get more playing time, 12 minutes wont cut it. I think as the season progresses, come February, we will start seeing Ivey, Chill, Smoove, Harrington and Walker on the floor in the 4th alot more. And I love that lineup.

Quote:

come February, we will start seeing Ivey, Chill, Smoove, Harrington and Walker on the floor in the 4th alot more. And I love that lineup.

I hope you're not suggesting Walker playing as a Center. No matter ohw bad our centers are, you still need one in your lineup