• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JOSH SMITH's DUNK

Lascar78

Actually I liked the attempted dunk he got fouled on in the first quarter the best. It seemed he got so high above Stromile Swift. That would have been one of the best dunks we have seen in a while.

Smith's attempt to dunk over Swift was "sick". I could not believe how high he got on that attempt and he showed no fear whatsoever. Dermarr had solid hops but he was not fearless like Jsmooth. JSmooth needs a new nickname bad. I don't like "the guilty pleasure" or "JSmooth". We should start a new contest to give him an appropriate nickname.

One of the writers for Slam magazine recently asked readers to send him suggestions for a new nickname for Josh. He wasn't fond of "The Gulity Pleasure" or "J-Smoove."

Somebody suggested that since he's an explosive player from Powder Springs...we should call him "Powder Keg."

The most popular response, however, was "Agent Smith" of The Matrix fame.

• Premium Member

I don't think Smoove will go anywhere...

But if you follow Agent Smith, it's classic. After he wins the dunk contest, he'd be ripe for a shoe contract. I say the same label as Marion (if he has a deal).

Then you can have Agent Smith and THE MATRIX...

But if you do the Agent Smith, you can give him a pair of those black Shades and the commercial can be one of his slams over somebody... Then add in the crash from a broken backboard.

Then you can have the "real" Agent Smith from the movies voice come in and say: "That's the sound of INEVITABILITY."

I don't care what shoe company you own, if you had that as your commercial, you'd sell shoes....

I'm not sure if you know but he does have a shoe contract with adidas.

I don't like Agent Smith at all. I like J-Smoove better. Guilty Pleasure even better. J-Hops even better

but regardless, I don't think J-Smoove is going anywhere because it's clearly what he wants

Remember when nicknames used to come naturally and weren't created automatically for every player their rookie year? aaah, those were the days

Agent Smith is DA BOMB. If there was ever a "BAD GUY" that kicks ass, *this* is the guy. I think I like the agent smith commercial idea. But if he already has a sneaker contract with Addidas, maybe we (or one of us) can send in our Idea to ADDIDAS. Perhaps we'll get a finder's fee if it leads to increased sales of his shoes.... smile.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Remember when nicknames used to come naturally and weren't created automatically for every player their rookie year? aaah, those were the days

When was this?

It had to be before Barkley was labeled Sir Charles after being the Round mound of Rebound.

It had to be before Robert Parrish was labeled Chief.

It had to be before Nique was labeled Human Highlight Reel.

It had to be before The Mailman delivered...

It had to be before Wilt Chamberlain nicknamed was changed from Big Dipper to Wilt the Stilt.

I think Nicknames have always been...and when a player seperates himself from the others, you will see them get one. There hasn't always been Kenny Anderson saying " Half-man-Half-Amazing" or "The Matrix"... But there have always been nicknames... And more than Just Magic or Blue or Sleepy...

guilty pleasure was nice, but once smoove starts contributing, it's no longer a guilty pleasure...so that name is going to die soon (hopefully this year!)...

it was a great name by Jay when we were predicting 2-3 years for meaningful contributions from smoove...but now it looks like he may be a consistent contributor off the bench by the end of this year...