• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Big MLB deal about to go down

Admin

According to Peter Gammons there is about to be a big 3 way deal between the Yankees, D-Backs, and White Sox.

The Yankees will get the BIG UNIT!!!

The White Sox will get Javier Vasquez...sorry to see him go mad.gif

The D-Backs will get Paul Konerko and John Garland.

As a Yankee fan I am thrilled. Adding Jaret Wright and Randy Johnson is a great start to the offseason. I hate seeing Vasquez go, but Randy looks to have 2-3 more dominant years in him and you cant pass that up when you have a chance.

The White Sox get a very good young pitcher who just really never fit in with the Yankees. I hope that he does great there and I believe that he will.

The D-Backs get a really good 1B in Konerko and Garland is a good young player as well.

This deal seems very fair all around, what do you all think?

It appears that the Yankees have realized that a $22 million, three year deal for Wright wasn't very smart. They are now trying to get out of it by saying they have found something in his shoulder on an MRI. The Braves know what his real value is, and they offered $9 million over 3 years. Leo Mazzone revived Jarrett's career in Atlanta, and he will very likely go back to the 8.00 ERA pitcher he was in San Diego before Leo worked his magic on him.

I also don't know where Arizona is getting the money. They still have an $80 million debt to major league baseball, yet they have spent $80 million in free agency this offseason.

Yeah I just read that about Wright. I wasnt super excited about Wright because he has been very inconsistent throughout his career...so if we dont end up keeping him it wont break my heart, especially since we just got an agreement with the premier FA pitcher this year Carl Pavano.

The D-Backs are saying that their financial situation isnt nearly as bad as what has been made out, but like you I am wondering whats up with them spending so much and being so much in debt. I heard that they "asked" MLB to forgive their debt. Craziness indeed.