• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Some of you need a reality check

Admin

First off, Mike Woodson has done a brilliant job with Childress and Smith. He has brought them along somewhat slowly (although they are getting meaningful minutes 20 games into their rookie seasons) and they are showing that being patient with them is paying off. I totally disagree with those of you who just want to throw our rookies feet first into the fire. That is a major recipe for disaster. Granted there are some who will flourish like that, but most will fail when put through that.

Second, Toine is NOT hurting this team and especially not the rookies. Granted he takes some pretty stupid shots sometimes and he turns it over too much, but this guy is so much of what SAR never could be that its not even funny. I never realized until he became a Hawk the tremendous difference between these two seemingly equal (stat wise) players. I really want to see Antoine play here for a few years. He is a great influence on these young guys and it truly seems like he wants them to succeed.

Those are my two main beefs with what a lot of you are saying recently. Woodson is doing a brilliant job with the young guys and he is fielding a team that plays hard every night and is improving every game. His rookies are being developed slowly and he is building their confidence by putting them in a position to succeed. Also that Antoine was a great pickup and that I hope he sticks around. If we can get an athletic defensive center (Sto, Dal, etc.) next year without giving up one of our corp players or this next top draft pick I think we will have something to be very excited about.

Quote:

First off, Mike Woodson has done a brilliant job with Childress and Smith. He has brought them along somewhat slowly (although they are getting meaningful minutes 20 games into their rookie seasons) and they are showing that being patient with them is paying off. I totally disagree with those of you who just want to throw our rookies feet first into the fire. That is a major recipe for disaster. Granted there are some who will flourish like that, but most will fail when put through that.

Second, Toine is NOT hurting this team and especially not the rookies. Granted he takes some pretty stupid shots sometimes and he turns it over too much, but this guy is so much of what SAR never could be that its not even funny. I never realized until he became a Hawk the tremendous difference between these two seemingly equal (stat wise) players. I really want to see Antoine play here for a few years. He is a great influence on these young guys and it truly seems like he wants them to succeed.

Those are my two main beefs with what a lot of you are saying recently. Woodson is doing a brilliant job with the young guys and he is fielding a team that plays hard every night and is improving every game. His rookies are being developed slowly and he is building their confidence by putting them in a position to succeed. Also that Antoine was a great pickup and that I hope he sticks around. If we can get an athletic defensive center (Sto, Dal, etc.) next year without giving up one of our corp players or this next top draft pick I think we will have something to be very excited about.

Well said. Walker wants to win and sometimes he tries to take over a game when his game just isn't there but tonight he showed what he is truly made of. He played team ball, took only 3 shots in the entire second half and played some great defense. He did some things that didn't show up in the stat sheet. He gets ridiculed for his defense (unwarrented IMO, Ask Jermaine O'Neil what he thinks of Walkers defense from the playoffs in 2003) but he does a great job of getting up in players faces where they have to pass the ball instead of taking a shot. That isn't put on a stat sheet.