• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Childress is Available in Trade Talks

sinctybldh

Quote:

The Hawks passed on Luol Deng and Andre Iguodala to get Childress, and so far the results have been unimpressive. Childress began the season in the starting lineup but was quickly sent to the bench. Lately, the Hawks' other first-round pick, high school phenom Josh Smith, has been getting the important minutes.

It might be foolish to dump Childress now, however. He has a history of starting slowly at both the college and high school levels, and his stock right now is at rock bottom. Still, if you believe other GMs around the league who are doing business with the Hawks, he's available.

From what I have seen and heard straight from Knight's mouth, everyone's basically always available if the right trade comes along. That's all I read into this. He's not untradeable, nor should he be. If san antonio offers duncan for childress I'd take it. lol. did diesel suggest this before?

I can't imagine that he will be traded however. Writers have a need to write stories. They had to come up with rookies who could be tradeable. The hawks are always an easy target. Plus you can write whatever you want and no one but us squawkers will seemingly know the difference. They mention Childress, Gordon, Telfair, and Luke Jackson. I don't think it means much. Rookies aren't traded that often. The only player we should expect to be traded is Walker if we don't re-sign him before the trade deadline.

I think BK believes in Harrington-Smith-Childress-Diaw-Ivey as our young core for the future. I expect them all to be here next year

I just read that......It seems that Josh Childress lofty standing in the league is not as rosy as it was after the draft if he is already in trade talks. BK might be very disappointed in his play so far. I personally say give him a chance to prove himself for at least two years.

BK maybe concerned about the public perception of Deng's play and his passing over him. Deng continues to play much better than Childress. I watched the entire 76ers game and he is much stronger than Childress and he slashes to the goal with authority and scores at a high percentage. He takes the ball strong to the goal and usually scores. Right now he is Chicago's No. 1 or 2 scoring option.

He is not just getting his points from put backs like Diesel claims. He creates a lot of his points. What I like about Deng is that he plays within himself. He doesn't do anything outside of what is not his strength. He goes to his strength a lot.

Quote:

I think BK believes in Harrington-Smith-Childress-Diaw-Ivey as our young core for the future. I expect them all to be here next year

I agree that all of these guys have a future in the NBA and this is not a bad core to start with. We trade Walker for another 1st round pick and we add two more core players in the draft.

We may trade Childress but I do not see it happening for anything less than a lottery pick PG from last year or a lottery pick this year. As far as Ivey or Diaw goes, nothing less than a low 1st round pick. And I do not think Harrington is going anywhere this year. We got to give him a shot next year opposite Smith who is here to stay.

Everything I have read concerning this years draft is that it is one of the deepest in years. Makes a lot of sense to try and add draft picks so anything is possible.

it would be stupid to try to trade Childress when he is at the bottom of his trade value unless we get offered something nice in return..i say give him some minutes, let him raise his stock..

Knight might be thinking that Chill is best served as a SF and was unable to make the conversion to SG and since Harrington is the SF of the future, this makes Chill expendable. So he may be looking for a highly rated point guard or big man or true shooting guard.

This types of trades are ballsy but scary to a fan like myself. Trade Chill and then he does become the next Pippen and you look foolish. Other way around and you're brilliant.

Quote:

it would be stupid to try to trade Childress when he is at the bottom of his trade value unless we get offered something nice in return..i say give him some minutes, let him raise his stock..

Agree totally. His stock is down and we should not move him for less than what we gave for him.

Quote:

This types of trades are ballsy but scary to a fan like myself. Trade Chill and then he does become the next Pippen and you look foolish. Other way around and you're brilliant.

Yes this is a scary thought, and again I just do not see us moving him for anything less than a lottery pick from last year or one this year. Chill could still be a very good all around player, only way to find out is give him the chance and playing time.

I do like our young core, they may not all be starters, but they are players. We need a starting point guard and center who can get on the glass.

Quote:

this is according to Chad Ford in ESPN Insider. He said GMS who are doing business with the Hawks state that Childress is available in talks. I am wonder if this means that Knight thinks he made a mistake in drafting Childress.

It wouldn't be the first time. But I doubt the Hawks

have anyone on the no trade list because that probably

would not make much sense. I would be shocked if Josh

was given up so quickly though. I would suspect he will

be here for a few years. You done drafted him so you

might aswell give him a year or two.

• Premium Member

You haven't watched Chicago play much...

First you say that Deng is one of Chicago's top 2 scoring options??? Then you say he don't get most of his points from putbacks....

Watch a game my friend. Deng is a scrappy defensive player, but on offense, he's just a guy that either runs on the break and get points or gets putbacks.

what I have continued to say and will say again is that Josh Smith plays the same position as Deng and in a couple of years, Smith will make people say: Luol Who?

As for Childress... I think J-Chillz, is not a star but is a glue guy. He's going to be an allaround player and maybe a leader. I wouldn't get rid of him, but I would give him more court time.

Now... it all depends on what we can get for Chillz... That's my qualification...

If the trade came down... Barry/Chillz for Nene.... I would think you would have to consider it...

No evidently you haven't watched Chicago. The announcers of the game on ESPN said this (not me). They said Chicago runs a lot of their sets through Deng and that he has become one of the their top scoring options. This didn't come from me my friend this came from the analyst of the game who have probably seen more and analyze more of Chicago than both of us put together.

And what I witnessed is exactly what they said in the game against the 76ers. Hinrich and Deng were the two players the offense was running through. Deng got most of his points from slashes to the goal and not putbacks. What I saw was exactly what they were reporting. Now this is the only Chicago game I have seen this year in its entirety and Deng looked very good.

As for Josh Smith.....You know I have always said I thought Josh Smith was the 2nd best player in the draft this year. Better than Deng, Childress and whoever. You know my stance on Josh Smith. I wanted them to pick him 6 and I debated will several of you guys about that.

The jury is still out on Chillz, but he has shown flashes of brilliance.

• Premium Member

Still my top 4 from the draft:

1. D. Howard.

2. J. Smith

3. J. Nelson

4. K. Humphries.

I don't know. I feel that we didn't put up enough for Howard. I don't know what Orlando's price would have been, but I would have given them that. JT and 2 1st for Howard.... OK.

I am surprised by Okafur. I really believed that he was an injury waiting to happen. I am surprised by Deng's defense. However, I'm not willing to call either player 1st or 2nd options on offense. They are not.