• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is everyone happy with Harrington's production?

JTFan31

Is everyone happy with Al's production this season for us.

I mean he is avg 17.8 ppg, 6.9 rpg.....he is having a pretty good season, not great, but just good. I think he can get up to the 19 ppg and should be grabbing 8-9 rpg, but other than that he is playing pretty good, he has definitely controlled himself a bit and is not forcing things as much like earlier in the year.

Toine is also having a producted year, he also not forcing things as of late, which I enjoy.

I think Woody should lower the minutes for both these guys, they are playing 40 minutes plus per game and I think Smoove and Chill should replace Toine and Al to for some of those minutes as well as what they normally play.

Last night was a prime example, he should of replaced Al and Toine with Chill and Smoove on the floor with Peja, Ivey and Delk/Diaw

Both Toine and Al were out of gas and we had a 12 point lead

I like what he is bringing to the table for now. I wish Woody would just stick to these eight guys as his rotation and give the young guys more time. He has to trust them and allow them to grow just like he is growing with his coaching.

"I think Woody should lower the minutes for both these guys, they are playing 40 minutes plus per game and I think Smoove and Chill should replace Toine and Al to for some of those minutes as well as what they normally play.

Last night was a prime example, he should of replaced Al and Toine with Chill and Smoove on the floor with Peja, Ivey and Delk/Diaw. "

I'm more sad about Harringtons level of talent. He can

dunk and will hit a jumpshot every now and then. His

jumpshot is inconsistant, his defense is average, he

seems to miss alot of easy shots that aren't dunks

due to his lack of patience and he is a average

rebounder. AL Harrington is a 4th option. He is

more helpful to a team where he can just do his

thing and not have to carry anybody. It really is

not his fault that he isn't a go-to player. But for

some reason he seems to think he is.

• Premium Member

I would reverse the trade if Indy came around!

Right now, Indy needs an interior player. I also think that they will abandon Artest so having Harrington/Oneal would be perfect for them. The Slam Dunk Champion has stepped up at the 2. I would trade Harrington for Jackson for this reason.

Jackson played very good perimeter defense and he could score. I'd be willing to wait Jackson out and let Chillz/Smoove/Walker finish til the trade deadline.

Then Maybe I would be inclined to trade Walker/Chillz for Swift/Williams/1st.

Imagine that:

J-Will/Jackson/J-Smoove/Swift/Peja down the stretch...

Then, in the offseason, Pick whatever...

We'd have a very good defensive team.

I think Al started off so slow and slugish that it really hurt the team. Lately I have been impressed with his passing and his understanding of the game. He had a stretch of 2-3 games where he played about as well as I have seen all year.

Al's offense is inconsistent and his biggest weakness is he needs 3-4 dribbles to get into his groove, making him a ballstopper. However if he continues to pass like he has been I think he could flourish as a 2nd option and possibly a go-to guy. In Indiana he was the goto guy on offense when O'Neal went to the bench.

Al's defense is much better than average. He can guard wings and some interior players. THe problem is he has not shown the will to play as hard as he did against Indiana(game 1) all the time.

After the first few games I thought Al was a huge huge bust but now we are seeing him come into his own. Tonight he shot 50%.....had alot of turnovers though.

One thing that scares me is his FT shooting....he should be much better than he has been.

jr