• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ivey is still our best pg

Nicholasp27

Ivey is the ONLY Hawk where whenever he is on the court, we outscore our opponent...other players have +/- stats that are positive, but that's only because we lose by less when they are out there...

but Ivey is the only one where we outscore our opps (by 4.3pts) whenever he is on the floor...

he may not get lots of points or be a top fantasy player, but he makes a tangible difference when on the floor...if u are going to have one player on the floor that does that, it's the pg position...

he may not become our future starting pg, but at this point, he sure does have that potential...and he's proving it on the court...u can't say he won't be our future pg just cause he wasn't drafted/overrated as high as other pgs in the draft...the fact is, he's making more of a tangible difference at the pg spot than any of the highly touted pgs from this draft....

When Ivey is around, I dont see the point as an area we really need to improve. Ivey is solid, especially defensively, and Diaw can spell him as well as Delk. If we dont plan to resign Delk then we'll pick up another point this offseason. That decision may be decided based on trades that may include a young point or I think we'll draft best talent and that is likely to be a point this year since it's a point heavy draft. If we go for a scoring point that to me says were worried about our lack of offense but I see us more likely to go after a long, defensively strong point(Jack) and further our plan to be a defensive team.

Ivey has played alot of garbage minutes....lets not forget that....I agree Ivey has played well and is definitly the best PG defender on the team.

Speaking of defending PG's...has anyone else been disappointed with Delk's defense??? I knew Kenny could gaurd anything but Delk has been just as bad if not worse.

jr