• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

A trade I could live with if it happened...

Admin

I was just thinking that even though I really like Childress and I really think he will become a star, IF we really wanted to keep Diaw and keep him as our PG then we could do this deal:

Swap Childress for Ben Gordon. Supposedly the Bulls dont think Gordon is going to have a future with the Bulls because he cant play in the backcourt with Hinrich due to size issues. So I was just thinking, Childress would fit perfectly with Hinrich.......and Gordon, with his lack of size but aggressive scoring nature would fit perfect with Diaw.

Again, I am not saying I want to trade Childress because I am very excited about him, but if we are really open to trading him, Gordon is the guy I would want to get for him. I really think this deal could help out both franchises enormously. Gordon would give us that 3rd scorer that we need and he is also an excellent ball handler.

What do you guys think?

We have been stockpiling swingmen. Childress seems to really still be an undersized NBA SF instead of the SG we seemed to hope we were getting. Who's to say Donta couldnt come on and give us what we hoped Chill would. A trade like this wouldn't surprise me, I think BK is gonna make a few surprising moves before we are sure who will make up our future core.

However, I would not do that deal and I dont think BK would either. We are in the early phases of rebuilding and I think Chill has more upside than Gordon. Supposedly BK thought so too during the draft, listing Chill 3rd. JT and even Delk are more similar to Gordon, nice small shooting guards but they really are best suited coming in for off the bench offense. They cause matchup problems. Linking them with Diaw helps but I dont see us heading that way. I think we want long defensive type players. I even think that'll effect who we draft, for example bypass Paul the scorer to take Jack later.

I wouldn't do it. That deal would defeat the purpose of Billy Knight adding length to the team. Unlike some others that have already given up on Josh Childress, I think he will become an above average shooting guard in the league.

I like the mismatches defensively that a line up with Diaw and Childress at the guard positions can expose, but it's going to take time. The Hawks have to get better defensively on the inside to be able to take full advantage of the length they can put on the floor around the perimeter.

• Premium Member

I don't think Gordon will be better than Chillz.

I don't think Diaw is our PG of the future.

I think we go PG shopping in this coming draft.

If we trade Chillz, it will be for a true PG...

I was thinking:

Walker/Chillz for Swift/J-Will/Battier... That's if Swift can be traded.

JWill/Battier/Harrington/Swift/Peja..

Let's play some defense.