• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Man this is making me miss Pryz

Admin

I still cant for the life of me figure out why we didnt bring him back this year.......but watching him be so aggressive on offense and with rebounding and shot blocking and throwing the outlet pass.......I just keep thinking how much we could use a guy like that instead of Collier starting.

I had made the comment when there was talk about whether or not to resign him that while he wasn't a great offensive threat, he was a guy that could rebound, block shots, and make a great outlet pass. His ability to rebound and kick the ball out for the fast break was very good and something I think was largely overlooked.

I've got no problem with Jason Collier. I think he brings good things to the table as a back up that can play the power forward and center position. He is simply overmatched as a starting center though, and this is something that will have to be improved before this team takes that step forward.

I was a big Pryz fan last year and nothing has changed my opinion about him. He is a very willing physical defender who makes great outlet passes. Collier and Drob are too similar in styles and Pryz would give us physical play we need. I can't say that BK has made many mistakes thus far but not resigning Pryz was a mistake.

I agree, I was a Pryz fan too. I think Knight spent too much time in discussions with Dampier...it could be worse, we could have actually got Dampier! I think its fair to say he has been disappointing for Dallas....

then again, about Pryz, hasn't he been injured a lot, including this season? Perhaps this is why Knight didn't give him more consideration.

Quote:

I've got no problem with Jason Collier. I think he brings good things to the table as a back up that can play the power forward and center position. He is simply overmatched as a starting center though, and this is something that will have to be improved before this team takes that step forward.

Well, it doesn't say much when you are overmatched as a

center in a league that lacks centers so badly. He probably

doesn't hurt you in backup minutes... But he should play

no more than 10-15MPG.

Yup, letting Pryz go is hard to figure. I think we'd be a substantially better team if we had kept Pryz instead of Collier. You could argue that Collier or Drob are decent backup centers if you wanted to bring in a center for a little half court offensive pop. But I get the impression we want to be a defensive, running team. Pryz fits that perfect, even as a backup that's the kind of center we seem to want.

I guess the most likely reason BK let Pryz go was his injury history, much like Sura. Or his horrible foul tendency. Even Mark Price was ripping how bad Pryz is with fouls. I'd bet BK feels it was a mistake, and might even go as far as to admit it.