• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Take a Look At 2005 Free Agency

hotboyj

I think Walker would be a nice addition to this team. grin.gif

But seriously, I would like to see Bogans/Kapono/Rush here. They are young and can shoot the ball pretty well.

Jahidi White is someone we can plug in at CENTER with Peja backing him up(that way, we can dump Collier at the nearest Airport)

Othella Harrington is a good solid backup PF who can SCORE.

I wouldn't be against getting Frank Williams as our PG but man we should go after Jeff McGinnis/Earl Watson, period.

Stromile....we've discussed already.

Marcus Fizer is a BIG BODY and a BANGER whom we could use down low for tough rebounds and putbacks.

Lee Nailon is a player that is very underrated. Give him more PT and he will be productive.

Mateen Cleaves could be another PG we can go after should we be unable to acquire Williams/McGinnis/Watson...

1. Ray Allen: He's the best player on the list, a true superstar who would instantly make the Hawks better. I know they drafted Childress, but Allen is so much better.

2. Stromile Swift: He can defend and rebound, two things this team currently cannot do. And, when he gets playing time, he can score.

3. Z. Ilgauskas: It's hard to believe, but he's one of the top centers in the NBA. If you could get him and draft a young big man to spell him off the bench, you're ahead of most teams size-wise.

4. Jeff McInnis: If you don't draft a point guard, this guy is a proven veteran who plays well wherever he goes.

5. Bobby Jackson: I know he gets hurt, and I don't know where he would play, but I love his game. He could start at the point, or he could be a 2 guard with Diaw.

Imagine if you get Allen and Swift, you could have a starting 5 of Allen/Swift/Harrington/J. Smith/and the PG, which could be Ivey, Diaw, A free agent or a draft pick. I kind of like the idea of Diaw running the point, because you would have a versatile, athletic, big team that would be a tough match up for other teams. Plus, Allen is a good ball handler, so Diaw wouldn't have to do it all the time. I think it would be a pretty good team. Fun to watch too.

Quote:

Imagine if you get Allen and Swift, you could have a starting 5 of Allen/Swift/Harrington/J. Smith/and the PG, which could be Ivey, Diaw, A free agent or a draft pick. I kind of like the idea of Diaw running the point, because you would have a versatile, athletic, big team that would be a tough match up for other teams. Plus, Allen is a good ball handler, so Diaw wouldn't have to do it all the time. I think it would be a pretty good team. Fun to watch too.

I would be ecstatic if the Hawks could land Ray and Swift. That team would be a little small but extremely athletic.

Allen is a pipe dream though. Swift I like in that he is a huge upgrade over what the hawks have in the middle but I am realistic in that he may not be the right center for a championship or championship contender team.

The ones I'm interested in:

Chandler OR Curry..some players take longer to develop than others and both have showed improvement this year.

Ilgauskus..i'd do a thorough medical check on his feet and ankles first but he is one of the top centers in the league in a league short of good true centers.

Jeff McInnis..solid point...a solid point would do wonders for us...could draft one also to bring up behind mcInnis..

Gadzuric..another big man who i would check out his feet/ankles before signing..but is young and honestly if hadn't waited a year to come out(and then had foot injury), would have been a near lottery pick. good true center with rebounding skills.

Eddie Griffin...top flight skills. allstar skills. borderline Leon Smith brain. he has stepped up this year- can he keep it up? that's the question.

Sam DeLam...good young potential at center. will need to keep working but if can be coached and continues to work hard, could be big.

Glenn Robinson...HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Radmanovich...puts up good numbers and has only been in league for 3 years. Could back up Harrington and Josh Smith.

Steve Blake...i need to see this guy a little more but last I checked, had impressed in Washington in limited time. Maybe a cheap looksee for point.

KWAME BROWN...to mee, this should be a number 1 target. still developing but is progressing. centers are hard to come by and we could get him for a decent price.

not alot of points to choose from but we should definitely come out of free agency with a center. i shy away from players like Ray Allen cuz I don't think he makes us a championship contender yet and by the time our team develops it's talent around him, he may be a bit too old.