• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Stephon Marbury a true point guard?

Bulldog

It has just occurred to me that Stephon Marbury gets constantly ragged for being a shoot first point guard, a shooting guard in a point guard's body etc etc

However looking at the evidence:

Stephon Marbury is number 7 on the ALL TIME assists per game list at 8.3 apg for his career. That is better than some of the great 'true' PG's like Mark Jackson, Bob Cousy, Nate Archibald, Mark Price etc

For his career he is averaging 20.4ppg 8.3 ppg 3.1rpg and 1.27 spg. Although I like Steph I'm no huge fan of his, but as I was looking at his numbers today I think he is an underestimated player. Those numbers are outstanding with the most common misconception being that he doesnt distribute enough. Number 7 all time doesnt lie.

I think Stephon Marbury is an extremely talented player, but I am not sure he uses all of those talents as effectively as he should. His numbers are great except for the most important numbers of all - wins and losses. He has not been on a great team but it still seems that is teams do not win as much as they should. That is my only complaint with him.