• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Walker trade brings us Bosh

Admin

Here is what I would do if I were looking to unload Walker. First, its highly unlikely that we are going to move Walker for an ending contract, although slightly possible. Most likely we will be looking to move him for a young player with star potential. That player for me is Chris Bosh. At 13ppg and 7rpg in only his 2nd year in the league I really think that he will become a Jermaine Oneal type of player, someone who can get you 20 and 10, be a go to guy in the paint, and someone who will play tough defense. I even think he is big enough to start at C for us, and slide to PF when we want to go bigger. He is long, athletic and can run the floor. He is the epitome of what Knight looks for in a player.

Now, the bad part about getting him. It would require us to take on Jalen Rose and his 2 years remaining after this season on a big contract. However, he can play PG for us and he can certainly score with the best of them. His attitude isnt the best right now, but can you blame anyone on the Raptors for not having a good attitude? That is an abysmal team going nowhere. At least we are going in the right direction and have good management. They are a Babcock led franchise, enough said there.

So, this is how the trade works out:

Atlanta trades: Boris Diaw-Riffiod (No games yet played in 2004/05)

Chris Crawford (No games yet played in 2004/05)

PF Antoine Walker (20.7 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 3.2 apg in 40.5 minutes)

Atlanta receives: SG Jalen Rose (14.7 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.2 apg in 30.6 minutes)

PF Chris Bosh (13.0 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 1.4 apg in 34.1 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +7.0 ppg, +1.4 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

Toronto trades: SG Jalen Rose (14.7 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.2 apg in 30.6 minutes)

PF Chris Bosh (13.0 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 1.4 apg in 34.1 minutes)

Toronto receives: Boris Diaw-Riffiod (No games yet played in 2004/05)

Chris Crawford (No games yet played in 2004/05)

PF Antoine Walker (20.7 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 3.2 apg in 40.5 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -7.0 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and -0.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Toronto being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Toronto had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

You have been assigned Trade ID number 2111877

------------------------------------------------------------

So, why would Toronto do it? First, they get rid of their big headache Rose. Second, they clear a ton of cap room after this season. They will have a high lotto pick to get a young stud and a lot of money to spend in FA. Walker will give them good production this year and they could SnT him in the offseason if they wanted to. They also get a solid young player in Diaw, who wont be a star, but has a good attitude and being from France, might actually enjoy playing in Canada.

Why would Atlanta do it? To get Bosh. Can you imagine the front line of Josh Smith at SF, Al Harrington at PF, and Bosh at C for the next 7-10 years? I sure can. Rose gives us a scorer in the backcourt, a guy who can play 3 positions well, and has played with Harrington before.

New lineup looks like this:

Rose/Ivey/Lue

Childress/Delk

J. Smith/D. Smith

Harrington/Peja

Bosh/Willis/Collier

I suppose we would then place Anderson on the IR and active D. Smith.

• Moderators

Quote:

i would do it, but i don't think toronto would

Agreed. Bosh is their future. If they get rid of him they have essentially nothing. They could have gotten rid of both Carter and Rose together if they were willing to take cap space over young talent.

• Premium Member

Agree.

Toronto is in a bad way. They can't be big players in fAcy because of the taxes... So they need Picks. If we were to do the same trade with 2 1st rounders, I think they would do it, but is Bosh worth that much?

First, the ONLY way they are going to get out of Roses contract is by giving up a young player or their lotto pick. I mean realistically, who would take on Rose's contract, which is $15 mil per season, for 2 more years, without getting something of value with it.

Now, with this deal they would have an additional $15 to use this year in FA, on 2 guys like Swift, Dalembert, etc, plus some lesser guys with their remaining cap money....plus a VERY high lotto pick of their own most likely. Sure giving up Bosh is a lot to give up with his young potential, but its not unheard of in this league. They were able to get rid of Carter because he is who he is, which Jalen is not even close to being. No way does anyone even consider trading for Jalen without getting the Raptors lotto pick (and maybe another high pick or player) or Chris Bosh.

Basically it all boils down to how bad do they want to get rid of Rose......and I think its pretty damn bad. Plus a Babcock is running the ship there, so who knows what could happen.

• Premium Member

Well I have learned to never doubt the inability of a Babcock.

But....Rose is still servicable. I doubt that they can convince a free agent to come up there and play. Even Swift. They would have to seriously overpay him which would be the same as having Rose when it's all said and done.

Here's the two possibilities.

Skip/Rose/M/Bosh/Mourning with a lottery pick and NJ's picks.

or

Skip/___/M/???/Mourning with a lottery pick and NJ's picks and Cash.

I just don't think that their Cash will magicly mean that they will get a good free agent. Especially when there is nobody there to begin with.