• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope a Walker trade happens soon...

BritishKnights

Quote:

I think Harrington is a SF but with more of a low post offensive game. Smoove is the ultimate SF in the making, can do it all. A deep team could keep two SF's, we are rebuilding and need to move a valuable commodity like Harrington. I'm not GM but if Dalembert is a backup center, why not trade him for Harrington, same applies to Nene or Kwame. Chicago would seem to be wise to take Harrington for Chandler. Walker is gone because he costs to much, also the idea that we will be defensive oriented, but even if not, BK wont pay him and he likes to build thru the draft, we'll trade him for expirings and picks.

It looks to me like we'll be a vastly different team again later this season or for sure next. If we draft Paul, I think he'll start. I like Diaw but I saw a recent post about him for a late first, I'd do that. If we do sign a bunch of defensive players, I'd resign Delk for offense. I wouldnt be surprised if Chris Crawford is resigned for a cheap deal to back up the forward spot.

Paul, Ivey, Univ of Wash PG with the late first pick

Chill, Delk?, BJ Elder with our second rounder

Josh, Donta, Crawford?

Swift, Tskitasvilli, Crawford?

Kwame, Drob

That team would probably suck for another year but it seems very doable with capspace still to spare. No true center but plenty of potential.

Defense is good but you'll need OFFENSE and that's what Antoine can give you. I mean....Who else on that team do you seriously believe, aside from Delk, that can give us semi-consistant OFFENSE? Walker will give you that *AND* he will command double-teams which opens up the floor for the others...

Quote:

I don't see Josh Smith as a shooting guard at all. Most likely a small forward in the Shawn Marion sense if he can improve his jumper.

It's funny you say this because not even a year ago I was watching Marion and wishing we had someone like him on our team. To be honest I've always been interested in him and would almost rather him than Amare (though Amare has the youth advantage). I haven't been able to see many games these year but the ones I have I can definitely see the potential for Smoove to become a Marion-type player, i.e. doing a little, sometimes a lot, of everything.

On a side note...

With everyone talking about Chris Paul I guess I really need to find out more about him (forgive my lack of college hoops knowledge, I have too many other things going on). Is he the only PG of interest coming into the draft?

I will say that I would much rather get a PG in the draft rather than a C. Cs always seem to be a project or have trouble adjusting the first few years in the league and you never really can tell with them if they will be a bust. We've seen PGs in the past few drafts come in and show they can play in the league.

• Premium Member

That is a very true statement. The draft would be better to get a PG. I think somewhere along the line, we'd have to take a chance on a Project C midround ( like Dalembert) and hope he pans out, but I would not waste a lottery pick on the guys that they have projected right now. None of them are interesting to me.

In the PG arena...

There's

Paul - He's going to be a star possibly superstar.

Felton - I think he's the next Baron Davis.

Jack - I think this guy is probably the most pure PG to come out since B. Knight. I think he will be a Better PG than Andre Miller but I think that there are some parellels to these two.

Gilchrist... I don't know. I have seen portions of 2 games this year. He's stronger than he was last year. IN the Fl. St. Game, he was grabbing a lot of rebounds. He's like Francis except he's not as good offensively. Last year, I watched them play GT and Jack Beat the breaks off of him. He could turn out to be the next Steve Francis or he could be the next XRay Hipp.

Chris Thomas - I don't know. He's supposed to have come out a long time ago. He's always been pretty solid but over the last 2 yrs, there's very little progress. I watched a little of the Indy game. I don't know I think they won, but he didn't show me much. It seems like the best teams are in the ACC save Ill. and Ok St.

Seriously though... I think as the year play out and these ACC guards go head to head, we will see who is the best and worthy of being drafted. Right now, I say the one who will be a superstar talent is probably Paul.