• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walker for Tim Thomas???

Diesel

• Premium Member

I usually don't care for much of what comes out of NY... But let's see...

Quote:

The Knicks will keep an eye on what the Hawks do with Antoine Walker, who attracted Isiah Thomas' interest last July.

The Hawks reportedly are willing to deal him. Walker will be a free agent this summer if he doesn't get a contract extension, and reportedly Boston and Philly were close to making offers.

Walker told The Post in November he thought the Knicks had parameters of a deal worked out with Dallas last July, but owner Mark Cuban pulled out when he lost Steve Nash to free agency.

The Knicks' dilemma, however, is they need an upgrade on defense, and Walker is not known for that aspect. Isiah kept his top defender, Kurt Thomas, out of Vince Carter offers, so he may do the same here. Tim Thomas is a contract match but still has one year after this one left on his pact. Both Tim Thomas and Penny Hardaway will be attractive pawns in the summer when they enter their final year.

Isiah fancies players who grew up in his hometown Chicago. Walker admitted recently he'd consider the Knicks as a free agent. "It's the mecca of basketball," Walker said. "It's a great place to play. It's where you make your statement as a player."

If the deal is with NY....

Walker for Thomas/1st...

Unfortunately, the Knicks cannot trade their first rounder 2 yrs in a row without having a first rounder.... ie. They have to trade for a first.

If we got Thomas...

He would be a high priced BU at SF.

His #s come off the books for next offseason.

Still, I think it would be easier to just keep Walker and have money this season... Even though there would be money with Thomas... Something like 13-14 million... I don't like paying Thomas to come off the bench...

Still another trade...

Atlanta trades: PF Antoine Walker (20.3 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 3.3 apg in 40.3 minutes)

C Kevin Willis (3.2 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 12.4 minutes)

Boris Diaw-Riffiod (No games yet played in 2004/05)

Atlanta receives: PF Antonio Davis (5.6 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 24.4 minutes)

PF Tyson Chandler (8.3 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 1.0 apg in 26.9 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -9.6 ppg, +2.7 rpg, and -1.7 apg.

Chicago trades: PF Antonio Davis (5.6 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 0.9 apg in 24.4 minutes)

PF Tyson Chandler (8.3 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 1.0 apg in 26.9 minutes)

Chicago receives: PF Antoine Walker (20.3 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 3.3 apg in 40.3 minutes)

C Kevin Willis (3.2 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 12.4 minutes)

Boris Diaw-Riffiod (No games yet played in 2004/05)

Change in team outlook: +9.6 ppg, -2.7 rpg, and +1.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

• Premium Member

If we sent:

Walker/Willis/Diaw to Chicago

and got back

Chandler/Davis...

I almost would say... Good deal.

If Chicago is not going to keep both Chandler and Curry.. And if they would like to have enough money to sign Curry and go after Reef/Redd... Then this is the deal for them.

OK, Walker doesn't go to a Winner...

But he'll do the same with them as he has done with us and somebody will pay him.

We get Chandler.

It's just a continuation of rebuilding.

I think we can convert Chandler into a C. I mean for God's sake he's a 7 footer. I am attracted to his shot blocking.

I would follow this up by signing Swift.

Chandler/Swift/Smoove/Chill/(Paul)...

I know.. I see Harrington is not there. But before you comment.. Look at the rebounding and Blocked shots!!!

Paul is not for sure. I think whichever of the ACC guards is most ready and able. I take Paul because I think he'd be more of a scorer and this team will need a scorer.

Harrington can come off the bench!

NO to tim thomas...longer contract, worse player...if BK did that, i'd be pissed...

but if we can get chandler, or even curry, for walker, i'd do it...i'd trade walker in a second for chandler, curry, magloire, dalembert, kwame

i would trade him for swift even tho he's an UFA this summer, as it would help us see how swift/smoove/al/chill work together...but i'd MUCH rather get chandler/curry/dalembert/kwame/magloire instead and then just sign swift this summer outright

Quote:

I think we can convert Chandler into a C. I mean for God's sake he's a 7 footer. I am attracted to his shot blocking.

I would follow this up by signing Swift.

Chandler/Swift/Smoove/Chill/(Paul)...

I know.. I see Harrington is not there. But before you comment.. Look at the rebounding and Blocked shots!!!

Paul is not for sure. I think whichever of the ACC guards is most ready and able. I take Paul because I think he'd be more of a scorer and this team will need a scorer.

Harrington can come off the bench!

Big problem with that team - no scoring!

Also, I realize that Chris Paul can score (and has been doing so very well lately) but the reason why everyone and their brother likes him so much is his playmaking abilities. Scoring is the icing on the cake.