My thoughts on next yr

codyatl

I believe our roster will fill out like so--

PG-Paul, Delk, Ivey

SG-Childress, Diaw

SF-Harrington, JSmith, DSmith

PF-Swift

C-Collier

I think the 4 and 5 spot will be filled temporarily by trading walker at midseason. As everyone keeps saying maybe to philly for dalembert or maybe to chitown for Curry or Chandler. I would bet my life that we end up w/ Paul, as long as the lottery works out in our favor. I also feel very confident that Swift would like to come here so he could play more at the PF spot. I think our main objective is to secure a top notch PG. How long as it been since we actually had one? I think the above group could make a move to get into the playoffs. How deep could they go? who knows but in the east anythings possible.

Collier need to be cut after this year. The only Center I would keep from this years roster is Drobnak.

We have to get a big man that can be a defensive presense in the offseason preferrably through FA.

There are plenty of very good PG in this years draft right out of the ACC.

this makes no sense...

we are gonna let collier go this summer and keep drob as our backup center

we will trade walker for a big man or picks

we will sign swift

we will draft either paul or jack or felton

we will sign/trade walker for either dalembert, chandler, curry, nene or kwame...

jack/chill/al/smoove/chandler

I think we look way different next year. We probably will still like Swift because we'll have traded away both our top players (Harrington and Walker), but who knows, we might even need a SG by then after we make tons of moves for bigmen. Diaw is likely to be gone too.

Ivey, Paul

Chill, Elder

Smoove, Donta, Chris Crawford

Tyson Chandler, Bogut

Kwame, Drob, Antonio Davis

Harrington got us Kwame. Walker, Diaw got us Chandler, Davis. Delk got us a late first rounder which we used for Bogut. Elder would be a good second round pick. BK decides Paul or some other player is worth our top pick. Or maybe we even move that top pick and really look different?

all of these players we are talking about are free agents at the end of the season...are you guys proposing sign and trades? cuz if not, it'd be stupid to trade someone for someone who'll be gone at the end of the season...

why not trade Walker for a young player with potential who is under contract? then sign some of these guys with cap money at the end of the season?

and again, i doubt very seriously we trade Harrington.

Quote:

we are talking about trading for restricted FAs...that way we ensure we get one of them...otherwise we go into the summer and get all of our offers matched and end up with no big shotblocking rebounding center...

thanks for the enlightening nich, forgot about some of these guys being restricted...