• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The J-Smoove ERA has begun!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Has anyone noticed how much attention J-Smoove has been getting in the National Media? He's the top 2 Dunks on every top 10 everytime we play..

I think he will give a good showing in the slam Dunk Contest. I hope J-Rich participates. I hope JR Smith takes part too..

If this keeps up, maybe we will get a few national games.

I was just about to post something about this. J-smoove is getting so much attention now. ESPN even knows his J-Smoove nickname, WOW !!!

Everytime we play he at least gets 1 top 10 play. Thats pretty amazing for the biggest bust of the draft. Now don't those analyst look like d1ck heads now, huh

Yes Yes...that is my man!! The Sports Illustrated article on him was very good too. He is putting the Hawks on the National Scene with his high flying dunks and blocks. There are probably only two other High School rookies that have had a very good first year like this out of high school. Garnett, Kobe, McGrady, and more didn't have 1st years like this. Granted he is on a sorry team.

This kids is something!! Now who on here want to debate me now that he wasn't worthy of the 6 pick?

Diesel you were on this board when I was debating all of those people about him being the 2nd best player in the draft and we should scoop him at 6. Remember one time you and I didn't think he would be there at 6. People called us crazy.....you actually backed me on that!! Now look at everyone singing praises now. People are so funny.

I love Chillz game too. That is turning out to be a good pick. He is going to be special too!!

BK did excellent in this draft and hopefully all 4 players will stick on this team.

Lue and Ivey make a pretty good guard rotation. I am really liking Lue.

The future looks Bright!!

A few years ago, my Bro and I were at a Hawks game vs. the Raptors, and when Vince got the ball on the open court, everyone stood up in anticipation of what was going to happen BEFORE he threw down, my Bro and I looked at each other and said the Hawks need someone like that.. I saw it happed w/ J. Smith got the ball last night.. There is a buzz and the arena is already filling up more than it has in years.. A few more highlights and Smoove w/ put more butts in the seats.. Hopefully he will fare well in the Slam Dunk Comp, that will definately open the eyes of Atlanta's fair weathered fans..

That will come with time, he is still a rookie. Believe it or not J-Smooth can shoot from the outside relatively good for a High School kid.

He is has been instructed not to take outside shots unless he is wide open and look to get his shots on the inside. He is making good decisions in that aspect of his game.

If you remember he was stroking 3s in Summer League and when he takes a jumper he has a decent shot.

His shot will improve with time, he is just playing smart and playing to his strength right now. If he absolutely had to shoot I am pretty sure he could do it and would improve as we see his game improving.

Your are right KG had about the same kind of year Josh Smith is having, but keep in mind KG averaged 28.7 minutes per game his rookie year and they had absolutely no goto scorers like Antoine and Al. 8 times out of 10 when Antoine gets his hands on the ball he is going to shoot it.

Josh is averaging about 20 minutes a game and he is playing with No 1 and 2 option Antoine Walker and Al Harrington. They get their shots 1st and then everyone else gets the crumbs.

So it is not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but you can consider KG as the one, two or three rookies out of High School that has done this well his rookie year. KG is one of my favorite players.

Dwight Howard and Josh Smith are definately the best High Schoolers out of this years class!!

The sky is the limit for this guy.

Quote:

Your are right KG had about the same kind of year Josh Smith is having, but keep in mind KG averaged 28.7 minutes per game his rookie year and they had absolutely no goto scorers like Antoine and Al. 8 times out of 10 when Antoine gets his hands on the ball he is going to shoot it.

Josh is averaging about 20 minutes a game and he is playing with No 1 and 2 option Antoine Walker and Al Harrington. They get their shots 1st and then everyone else gets the crumbs.

So it is not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but you can consider KG as the one, two or three rookies out of High School that has done this well his rookie year. KG is one of my favorite players.

Dwight Howard and Josh Smith are definately the best High Schoolers out of this years class!!

The sky is the limit for this guy.

Minnesota did have a go to scorer KG's rookie year - Tom Googliata (he was a 20/10 guy at the time).

Also Al Jefferson may be giving Josh and Dwight a run for their money as the season goes on. Bu, your point is correct, Josh is coming along nicely.

• Premium Member

I think he already has the dunk of the year.

It was a few games ago. He dunked the ball and it looked like he was looking down into the goal and his whole torso was above the rim.

If he can work the adrenilin to do that again, he'd win easy.