• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GT vs UNC

falc82

I'm still trying to figure out what the Hawks should do in the draft regarding a PG, and I am VERY impressed with Felton. This guy is a stud. He can score but doesn't have to. He passes with such vision and flies down the court. He reminds me of a Jason Kidd/ Steve Nash (less scoring, much better defense) I'm loving this kid. He may only be 6'0'' or 6'1'' but he is so strong for a PG and so athletic. I've seen the others with some holes in their game but wow. Felton..

My opinion on Deron Williams is that his stock has dropped a bit as of late. Jack is still impressive as is Paul. But Paul isn't the consumate #1 anymore as he was. Gilchrist may be dropping as well. He puts up good numbers but not always against the top dogs in the ACC. Felton is a gamer. His defense and court vision mixed with speed and just how well he knows how to run a team just has Kidd written all over it.

Ive been watching the game. Jack is the better gaurd, but without Elder the tarhels are a little better. Plust the home court advantage. I think i have seen questionable calls agaist jackers and no calls for yellow jackets. I think id rater have jack than felton don't know about chris paul yet.

yeah we are getting destroyed without BJ. I mean really without him all we have is Jack and Bynum. You could see it in the Kansas game. With him, we were up 15, he goes down and we lose the game.

But yeah I also would take Jack over Felton with confidence. I've seen so much toughness and a winner's attitude out of him. Not sure about Paul vs. Jack either at this point

• Premium Member

Eithter Paul or Felton will be considered Undersized. I think Paul is the better PG to boot. I have watched Felton dismantle Maryland ,then I watched Wake do it. I think the truth is this:

Gilchrist/Jack has the size for the pro game.

Jack/Paul has the Basketball IQ for the pro game.

Felton/Paul are the speediest players ready for the pro game.

All are close defensively.

Jack is probably the most clutch.

All are good scorers but Felton/Paul might be the best

I think the coaches have to sit down and dissect these players and that means they also have to bring them in and work them out. Right now, Paul/Felton look good, but Jack will move up before it's over.

I think Felton is a better pure PG than both Paul and Jack. He runs a team like no other. UNC have the highest scoring team in the nation because they have a great coach and a lot of talent stock piled, but don't under-estimate the effect that Felton has.

Jack has been playing good basketball of late, but I don't see how you could say Jack over Felton in confidence? I mean it's just too close right now to tell that. A lot of tough games lie ahead for all 5 PGs we should be interested in. Things change everyday it seems.

As for Felton being undersized..he is very very athletic and is a strong 6'0''-6'1''. I don't think he'll have a problem in that area. I'd like to have a tall 6'3'' pg (Jack, Williams, Gilchrist) but I also want a PG that can run a team and set up his team mates. Imagine Felton on this team with Harrington, Donta, Childress, and of course Josh Smith. We could run all day and dunk on everyone.

Felton and Jack are very tough players and I like that about both of them. They are both excellent scorers but I think Jack is just more aggressive right now (some of him looking to score is because Elder is out right now). Both have a great ability to score, Jack just looks for his shot more as of late. Nothing wrong with that. Felton is an excellent defender with great hands and speed, while Jack is a more physical defender with the size to boot.

I think Paul is sometimes over-rated but is obviously very talented. He is only 5'11'' though and he doesn't have a solid NBA body as of yet. He hasn't dominated as much as he should. But he has what it takes to do very well in the NBA. Jack seems to get a little over rated on here at times just because he goes to GT and we have some GT fans on here, but I shouldn't take anything away from him, he is a very good player. I just don't think it's clear cut Jack over Felton as of right now. In fact most in the nation would probably agree Felton has a slight edge on him at this given moment. But everything changes every day it seems. I think the deciding factor will be who rises to the top during the ACC tournament.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Hey Diesel given that you think this why do all of your post have us picking Paul instead. Personally given the things you already stated and throwing the hometown edge it should be JACK that we draft.

Being more clutch in the college game doesn't always translate to pro greatness. Can anybody say Mateen Cleeves or Tyus Eddy or Chad Dollar. However, Paul has something more than Jack. Although I think Jack has good size and good Basketball IQ and make plays, there's something about Paul that when I watch him, I think... This could be the next great PG. Better than what Ford could have been.

However, I wouldn't be mad with a pick of Jack. I expect him to be good... Better than Cleaves or Edny or Dollar.

THe way BJ had been struggling, I really looked for him to step it up in this game. If you look at his stats, he plays better against ACC teams then BS teams. He gets slack against teams like Lafayette Community College. Thats why coach was ridin his ass. When he comes back, he is gonna be ready to roll. Jackets will be in good shape.

You must not have watched many of Jack's games if you believe he is a 2 guard. Jack can do it all. He is a great passer, defender, finisher, leader and an improving shooter. Did you watch the NCAA tourney last year? Jack has led his team to wins when the games really count. The Felton led Heels have not. That is not to say that Felton is a bad pg. In fact, he should be a solid pro. Clearly Jack will be a pure pg at the next level. As much as I like JT, Jack and JT have completely differant styles and Jack is far more of a pure point.