• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This would be a nice PIPE DREAM...

Diesel

You really think Jalen Rose would want to come to Atlanta? My guess is he'd pull a Jim Jackson if he was traded here.

I'd rather Keep Antoine who, at least, has stated that he wants to remain here and build this team back up to a competitor....

I never liked Jalen who just seems to rub me the wrong way with that attitude of his...like he's the best thing since sliced bread or something.

he would OBVIOUSLY only do this if the 2nd trade for howard went down...then he'd be trading to get a pick high enough for jack/felton...so his trade is walker for jack/felton, harrington for howard...

if we had just lost ONE more game last season, we'd ALREADY have smoove/howard RIGHT NOW...cause we woulda had the clips' 2nd pick that they traded to the bobcats...

then we'd go hard for johnson or redd...and sign chandler or kwame or dalembert...

felton/johnson/smoove/howard/chandler

we'd be in top 5 for team blocks

we'd also be up there with team rebounds

we'd be a fast break team that could also shoot (johnson and hopefully smoove in the future)...we'd have pretty dominant paint defense and good perimeter defense...

we'd still have a good developing backup pg in ivey, a defensive player in diaw, shooters in delk and lue...

we do still have a chance that howard will leave orlando for the home team in 2.5 years...

• Premium Member

This is right. The only thing that matters is us getting Howard... I think Harrington/1st pick of the draft should get us Howard?? But then again, maybe not (this is the pipe dream part).

The only team who would take Walker and give us back a Pick that is good enough to get one of the four top PGs in the draft is Toronto. I suppose, Maybe a better deal would be Walker to NY for Penny/1st... That's if NY has a first to give. If they do, I am sure that Isiah would do this deal in a heartbeat.

The bottom line is that getting a high first for Walker will mean taking back a junk salary...

If we got Penny instead of Rose, I suppose that means that Chillz got more floor time...

Jack/Chillz/Smoove/Howard/Swift!!!

That would be good. We wouldn't win right away, but we're young and competitive. And Defensive...

• Admin

No way AH and a 1st gets you howard, unless it's a top 3 first. In which case, I think I would take my chances in the draft. Not that Howard isn't a stud. But there's just a good a chance that the pick that would get him here, would get us something with just as much potential. I'd rather take that chance.

• Premium Member

I suspect it will be a top three pick..

However, I think Howard is a better stud for our needs than what we can find in the draft.

If you look at Orlando...

They have Francis Hill & Howard.

For them, getting Harrington/1st. Replaces Howard and gives them a first which they can use to get a PG or SG depending on how they want to use Francis.

Imagine them with Felton or Paul....

i would LOVE to trade harrington/1st for howard...

smoove/howard would be our forward combo for the next 10-15 years...maybe we'd even get kwame this summer to make those 3 ATL boys our future along with chill and a pg...we could try to trade walker to get a later first that could get us jack...

jack/chill/smoove/howard/kwame

• Admin

he has more upside, more potential. I know it will pain many here to hear it. But AH had to work his ass off to get where he is. He didn't do it with natural given talent. Has he reached his full potential? Probably not. But he's close. He's never going to be a 25/10 guy. There is no limit to what Howard might do.

Also, grant hill isn't considered "part of the future" in orlando. Despite Grants season, they still have concerns about his long term health. As they should... They aren't building that team with the mindset of "ok, we have Francis and Hill, we need this...". Hill is the #3 guy on that team when it comes to future plans.

• Premium Member

draft.

Say what you want. The book is not closed on the potential of that PICK. You add that to Al and you have a very good deal.

The other thing is what kind of team are Orlando?

Are they a win now team or are they just waiting on Howard's development??

I would think that they are win now being that Hill is back and Francis is playing at a High level. It's definitely an interesting trade that you can't dismiss so easily by pointing out the difference between AH and Howard. That's just the beginning. When you add in the first and the wait, things change.

• Admin

anything more than a pipedream. They aren't going to trade Howard, period.

They aren't a "win now" team because they know they don't even have a shot at the conference championship, much less the title. They are better than they were lastyear. But they aren't anything close to being contenders. They are what they are. They are a winning EC team who has a stud of a player that, when he develops more, might make them a contender. They aren't going to mortgage that on another draft "maybe". They did that this year and got lucky. You don't do that year after year and get the same lucky bounce.

Trading for AH and a pick, which you think would likely be a PG/SG, does zero for their chances at becoming a contender. Because they still wouldn't have a dominant post player/rebounder/defender. AH is good, but he is none of those things.

• Premium Member

Well,

Most of what we post here...

Anywho.

I say that AH + the first pick of the draft is well worth Howard. If we were talking about James or Okafor maybe not, but Howard hasn't come out like Gangbusters. He has come out similar to the way Bosh did last year.