• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great Comeback Hawks!!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

Kudos to Chillz, Walker, Harrington, and Kenny Anderson.

Although Anderson didn't play down the stretch, he played good minutes off the bench.

If Ainge was looking at Walker, I think Walker gave him a game to think about tonight.

I can't say enough good things about Chills. He was rebounding and playing very well. He handled the ball better than I ever remember... Definitely his breakout.

But we still need Shooters. Chillz/Smoove need to spend some time shooting 1000s of shots a day.

• Premium Member

Yeah...

But overall, I think that Toine wanted this more than anything else. I haven't seen his stat line, but I know he did a lot of little things. Harrington too. It was embarrassing at the end having Toine in the game and not wanting to pass to him because we knew the foul was coming but Harrington was about 9/11 from the line!

• Premium Member

Harrington + Childress + Smoove. Just think, none of those players were on the Hawks last year...

I would like to see the Hawks go with a starting lineup of

Lue/Chill/Smoove/Harrington/Walker just to see how well these guys play together. Honestly, I think Walker can defend big men as well as Drob and Collier. And he's already a better rebounder.

The good news tonight:

1. Heavy minutes for Childress & Smoove.

2. 19 shots between them (although only one three...).

I was at the game and was surprised at the number of people in the stands. By the end of the game, the crowd was loud and into the game. Iman and I also thought Boston seemed to be "showcasing" Jefferson and Perkins. I don't know how many minutes Perkins has been averaging per game but he got alot of minutes and looks at the ball last night. Both Jefferson and Perkins played alot of minutes at the 5 spot and had some decent moments. Neither player seems like much of a shot blocker though. I hope JChill's big jumper will give him the confidence to hit the jumper more often because that would make him a very difficult player to guard.

That thought crossed my mind. Perkins is wider and maybe a bit stronger than Jefferson. Jefferson has quicker feet than Perkins and moves well for his size. Both guys showed some decent O moves in the paint. Probably someone here knows more about them but neither guy looked like he would ever be a real shot blocker or major D force in the paint.

The rookies and Diaw were on the court for extra practice before the game. Donta was like 1 for 10 on threes, but maybe he as just goofing around. Chillz was working on low post moves for some reason, looked pretty good.

I'd most want Boston's first and an expiring for Walker. Instead of the first, Jefferson would be just about as good, Perkins close behind. I'd wait until closer to the trade deadline to make sure I couldnt get something better than Perkins. He does seem to have about as much potential as Jefferson to me but I'm no expert. Jefferson seems to have more tenacity, Perkins more size and stregth. Both solid in the post.

Quote:

The rookies and Diaw were on the court for extra practice before the game. Donta was like 1 for 10 on threes, but maybe he as just goofing around. Chillz was working on low post moves for some reason, looked pretty good.

I'd most want Boston's first and an expiring for Walker. Instead of the first, Jefferson would be just about as good, Perkins close behind. I'd wait until closer to the trade deadline to make sure I couldnt get something better than Perkins. He does seem to have about as much potential as Jefferson to me but I'm no expert. Jefferson seems to have more tenacity, Perkins more size and stregth. Both solid in the post.

Danny Ainge was not showcasing Jefferson or Perkins and they are not trading Jefferson. If anything they were show casing Tony Allen.

I don't know why you people insist on this Jefferson idea. It is not happening.

Perkins has been playing a lot more lately it wasn't just the Boston game

Here's a Celts fans take from a different board.

Quote:

Here's how I think of this team.

Untouchables

the great green hopes

Al Jefferson

Tony Allen

Movable for an impact player

worth keeping, but not at any cost

Paul Pierce

Ricky Davis

Kendrick Perkins

Delonte West

Movable For Reasonable Value (players or contracts)

Sell for anything better than an airport figurine

Walter McCarty (contract)

Marcus Banks (contract)

Jiri Welsch

Exterminate the Brutes

Dead weight and expiration date trading chips

Raef LaFrentz

Mark Blount

Gary Payton

Tom Gugliotta

Michael Stewart

Quote:

Here's a Celts fans take from a different board.

Quote:

Here's how I think of this team.

Untouchables

the great green hopes

Al Jefferson

Tony Allen

Movable for an impact player

worth keeping, but not at any cost

Paul Pierce

Ricky Davis

Kendrick Perkins

Delonte West

Movable For Reasonable Value (players or contracts)

Sell for anything better than an airport figurine

Walter McCarty (contract)

Marcus Banks (contract)

Jiri Welsch

Exterminate the Brutes

Dead weight and expiration date trading chips

Raef LaFrentz

Mark Blount

Gary Payton

Tom Gugliotta

Michael Stewart

Celtics fans? that is an oxy moron. There are no real Celtics fans anymore.

• Premium Member

I think they played a lot of their young guys...

Jefferson, Perkins, and Allen...

From Reading Doc's commentary, maybe the trade had to do with LaFrentz.

Walker for LaFrentz/Stewart/T. Allen (or Perkins) Works...

The question is would LaFrentz be better than what we have NOW?