• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dalembert is NOT signing here

bballfan

Why do people make up these huge trade idea's to get rid of half the team with dreams of signing a big name free agent.

It is not happening. You need to start being logical.

If for some reason we ended up trading for Dalembert who does he sign with next year when he is offered a contract

Dallas or us?

Dallas has already asked about him.

Please start being realistic.

• Premium Member

Dalembert is a RESTRICTED free agent next year. Meaning that if the Hawks acquire him this year via trade, they can match any offer. So even if Dallas decided they wanted him, then "too bad."

Plus, only a few teams will have the cap space that the Hawks have to offer and almost all of those have their own free agents to resign. Atlanta has to be considered the frontrunner for every C & SG free agent out there simply for financial reasons.

Dalembert could sign with a capped-out team, but he could only sign a 6 yr., ~$40M deal. With Atlanta (or Philly if he's not traded), he could make significantly more.

Show me the money, Jerry.

He can let it be known he doesn't want to play here and force anything he wants and that is IF HE GETS TRADED HERE which he isn't.

Your deulsionel to think he would want to play here.

Quote:

Dalembert is a RESTRICTED free agent next year. Meaning that if the Hawks acquire him this year via trade, they can match any offer. So even if Dallas decided they wanted him, then "too bad."

Plus, only a few teams will have the cap space that the Hawks have to offer and almost all of those have their own free agents to resign. Atlanta has to be considered the frontrunner for every C & SG free agent out there simply for financial reasons.

Dalembert could sign with a capped-out team, but he could only sign a 6 yr., ~$40M deal. With Atlanta (or Philly if he's not traded), he could make significantly more.

Show me the money, Jerry.

If we must use the "brain's" [sIC] God gave us to realize that we cannot possibly acquire any average or better players, then what will we spend our time doing?

Our team isn't very good, and we must do something to improve it. The truth is, one asset we have is cap-room. We can very reasonably talk about signing a free agent this off-season, since so many of the major players spent their room last year. Sure, we're bad, but money talks. Besides, it's not like Sammy is Kobe Bryant. Kobe you can't overpay for...any team would pay him max. Sammy you can.

I think anyone who follows the absolute worst team in the NBA like most of us do has to be a pretty loyal fan. Why can't we talk about our visions of improving the team? Why does it draw such IRE from you when we do? What would you prefer that we talk about, or would you rather we just not talk at all? Please offer some suggestions.

who cares. one goal. Swift Swift Swift. Athletic, not offensively minded (doesn't demand the ball), tremendous athleticism, size of an eastern center/80% of league. Great shot blocking on both man and weakside.

and he can run the floor with JMsoove and co. That's what we should target. The question that I still have...did he sign that one year contract in the same spirit that Olowokandi did? Thus that he's an urFA at the end of this year? or was it an actual contract? anyone have the details?

Like I said, if he has a choice of Dallas or here where does he go?

He isn't a realistic idea unless we plan on offering him a max deal but people have him here already.

Think realistically

Quote:

If we must use the "brain's" [sIC] God gave us to realize that we cannot possibly acquire any average or better players, then what will we spend our time doing?

Our team isn't very good, and we must do something to improve it. The truth is, one asset we have is cap-room. We can very reasonably talk about signing a free agent this off-season, since so many of the major players spent their room last year. Sure, we're bad, but money talks. Besides, it's not like Sammy is Kobe Bryant. Kobe you can't overpay for...any team would pay him max. Sammy you can.

I think anyone who follows the absolute worst team in the NBA like most of us do has to be a pretty loyal fan. Why can't we talk about our visions of improving the team? Why does it draw such IRE from you when we do? What would you prefer that we talk about, or would you rather we just not talk at all? Please offer some suggestions.

Quote:

Yes, Dallas is capped out. Do they even have the mid-level, though. You don't get one 2 years in a row.

Cuban will go over the luxery tax for the right player.

As for the otehr guy I answered your question. It is a waste of time to comment on what if's that have no chance in happening.

Why don't you ask about brining Shaq here when his contract is up?

Pointless and listening to the same people act like it could happen over and over again is boring.

Quote:

Yes it did merit a whole thread. When people keep talking about getting players that we have no chance of getting.

It is time some of you use the brain's God gave you.

lol

well dalembert is a RESTRICTED free agent..that means if we trade for him, we get him next year no matter what if we want to match....

that's the ENTIRE REASON we want to trade for him now

if he were an unrestricted FA like swift, then we wouldn't wanna trade for him

You're telling others to think realistically, and then your comparing our chances of signing Dalembert to those of our signing Shaq. That's ridiculous. That's exactly what I was talking about when I said that Sammy isn't Kobe Bryant. We had no chance of getting Kobe, and everybody knew that. (It was still fun for some people to talk about, though, and I wouldn't have gone around imploring them to be realistic about a sports team...it's sports! we're fans! it's fantasy!) ANYWAY, that's beside the point. Point is, Dalembert is not an impossible player to sign. Actually, he's the type of player we should look at bringing in: guys who have potential but aren't superstars. The fact that he's restricted means that we can resign him if we could possibly trade for him, even if it's for just 1 more year. Kwame Brown is another player we should look at. He's a reasonable sign.

If we can't sign ANYBODY, how do you propose we improve? It's given we can't sign Allen or Shaq, but Dalembert? He's averaging 6 pts and 7 rebs per game. Even if he were unrestricted and we offered him a max deal while some other team offered him 7 mil per year, you don't think he would take a long, hard look. If you admit he'd take a look, you admit we have a chance to sign him.

Aside from that, Cuban has a lot more to worry about than the luxury tax. You CAN'T go over the cap to sign another team's player without using an exception (which is paltry). It's not a matter of just having to pay the tax (which he obviously doesn't care about).