• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove in, JChill out of Rookie...................

MoonKnight

"The NBA has set the rosters for this season's edition of the Rookie Challenge.

On the sophomore team will be Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslemm, Kirk Hinrich, Josh Howard, LeBron James, Kyle Korver, Luke Ridnour and Dwyane Wade.

For the rookies will be Tony Allen, Luol Deng, Ben Gordon, Devin Harris, Dwight Howard, Andre Iguodala, Emeka Okafor, Josh Smith and Beno Udrih."

One could argue that JChill is more deserving than Allen, Harris and maybe Beno (though I think Beno is a helluva player and would love to have him here). I hope he uses this as motivation and not as a vote of no confidence.

I'm just pointing out the fact that he can't be out 10 other rookies to get on the team. He doesn't even have to be an all star to get on this team. Just a decent rookie.

P

• Premium Member

I agree that Wade, Lebron, Carmelo, and Hinrich outclass all the Rookies Sfs, SGs, and PGs...

BUT....

Okafor and Howard will lock down the middle.

With Okafor, Howard, Deng, Smoove, and Harris playing, look for the ROOKS to out defense and out rebound the Sophomores... Also, look for James/Wade not to play SO hard...

I think they want to avoid putting two rookies from the same team in the game....I still think JChill is right there. He has been in and out of the Got Milk? Rankings all year. I think he was on the bubble and got cast out because Smoove made it.

This isn't a knock against Chill. There are good rookies from last year that didn't make last year's team as well. That doesn't mean they don't help their teams compete.

• Premium Member

I think Ben Gordon and Deng both made it...

I don't know about Duhon??

If Gordon made it and Duhon didn't then maybe they didn't use stats as the qualifier...

I think maybe it's popularity...

Smoove is popular..