• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jason Collier with the DNP. Anybody notice?

pathway23

I guess Diaw is out of the doghouse for the time being and Jason Collier is in it, Drobs and Ekezie got 41 minutes at center.

I say its about time! Woodson gave Collier more than enough chances to produce and he never came through consistently and never anything defensively! I think Collier being out makes our defense better because I think Drobs is slightly better than him defensively and he seems to hustle a little more.

I hope he never plays another minute in ATL, I can't tell you how many times I have tuned in to watch the starting luneups hoping and wishing that Collier be absent...I would much rather see Ekezie and Peja for the rest of the season, with a little Willis here and there. Man I can't stand Collier.

What i dont understand is this..

why on earth did he get a 2 year deal? I SWEAR, no one in the league was interested in COLLIER. NO ONE!!!!

hell, we could go w/ 1 year- VET MIN... and we could have landed COLLIER.

and if that didnt work out, and magically- some team wanted him for 1 year vet min as a 3rd stringer...

then no big lose! we can pick up the next best NBDL big man!

My opinion is that when we were talking with Collier he probably said that he wanted at least a 2year deal because his family stays right outside Atlanta and he didn't like moving around. The Hawks being desparate for a big man at the time gave in a gave him what he wanted.

JC is not as bad as some make him out to be.

He is not as good as we would like for him to be.

He has a decent shot - He can score. A plus for him.

His defense and rebounding is not nearly as good as

we would like for it to be. A minus for him.

He is big. You can't teach that. He just needs to learn

to play bigger inside. Hopefully, that will improve.

Great to win one, wasn't it !!!

Go Hawks!

cool.gif

when i look at COLLIER- i see a guy w/ a LEGIT FRAME TO PLAY CENTER the NBA. a guy w/ good offense, and the decent defense to stay in the game and make a living playing ball as a role player for 10 years.

but it seems like he doesnt even try. i dont see any HUNGER in him once so ever.

Now, if this was some scrub who was trying his butt off and giving us COLLIER-TYPE numbers... then id be easier on him.

but after all is said and done, COLLIER determines whether or not he stays/belongs in the NBA.