• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Plan... This is good!!

Diesel

On the season, Pryz is averaging 17 minutes per game to Collier's 15 minutes per game. During that time, Collier basically gets 6 PPG and 3 RPG while Pryz gets 4 PPG and 6 RPG. Which one is better? I don't know. Certainly neither of them is even close to good if you consider the whole season. you can't just look at the good games. Collier starts but gets no minutes so it's not fair to compare to games where Pryz certainly got much more minutes.

exactly

peja is better than collier or pryz

pryz is gone, get over it...no need to bring him back...we need to bring a GOOD center, not another half-decent one...peja and even ekezie are as good as collier and pryz...

we need to draft bogut and felton, sign dalembert and hughes and swift...

felton/ivey/delk/diaw

hughes/chill/delk/diaw

smoove/chill/danta

harrington/swift

dalembert/swift/bogut/peja

• Premium Member

Yeah, Lets go out and trade Diaw for Shaq!!

You see, this is the lack of reality that I'm talking about... "We need to go out and get a good C"

You're right... But what do you suggest.. The market is starving for good Cs.

The only C definitely available in FAcy is Big Z. He will get a truckload of money.

Curry, Dalembert, and every other rFA will be matched....

Maybe Portland would trade Theo...

Maybe we can send Walker for Theo/filler today... But Theo is not going to play hard and he's not going to get many rebounds...

So I say we make up the difference by getting 3 players to make up for our lack..

Collier was basically handed the starting job this season and he was expected to play big minutes. His mpg have steadily declined because he has played poorly. On the other hand, Pryz was signed to be a backup and was not expected to get many minutes behind Theo. Pryz has played well enough though that he has cracked the starting lineup in Portland even after Zach Randolph came off the injured list. I don't expect Pryz to continue to start for long in Portland because you can't justify bringing Randolph off the bench at his salary. Still, the point is that Pryz earned minutes by playing MUCH better D than Randolph did as a starter and that is what we need. I am not looking at Pryz's "good games" but rather his games as a starter. Heck, look at what he gave us as a starter last year. It was virtually the same thing he is giving Portland now.

At the end of last year, when we basically gave up on D and started running and gunning with Sura, JT and Jax, Collier did do a good job of knocking down open shots. His D and rebounding were still terrible as usual. On the other hand, Pryz didn't score but he rebounded, defended and blocked shots. Collier is basically useless when his J is not falling but Pryz can help the team in other ways. I guess my point is why do you try to build a defensive team around a Center who plays NO D? If we were a team that played uptempo and took a lot of quick shots like Phoenix, Collier would be a better fit but that supposedly is not Woodson's philosophy.

• Premium Member

Pryz being a better fit than Collier could make all the difference when you consider all three Cs and what they bring. If we need scoring from the C position, we can always bring Drobs off the bench.

However, Pryz provides rebounds/defense. Normally, that's exactly what we need...

At the 5, rebounding is more desirable than scoring... Especially when you consider that we have scoring at other positions...