• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Louis Williams = Future Kobe Bryant

emeans

I have seen this kid several times this year and his game reminds me of a young Kobe Bryant/Allen Iverson with a better shooting stroke than Kobe or Allen at that age and a very high basketball IQ.

I would really be scared to pass on this kid. He is truly skilled. He can shoot the lights out and he is extremely athletic and has true point guard handles.

I know I am only looking at High School competition but I can honestly say I like his upside more than Paul, Felton or Jack.

Mark my words this is the next Kobe type player to come in the NBA....he is amazing!!

Your thoughts??

He may have point guard handles, but he doesn't have point guard instincts at this point.

The top two prospects in high school are Louis Williams and Monta Ellis. At this point, both are undersized shooting guards who need to prove that they can be point guards at the college level.

Ellis and Williams faced off against each other two weeks ago. Williams is stronger and a better leaper, but Ellis is pretty much better in every other category.

Louis Williams looks more like a Juan Dixon the more I see him. Though most of you think this will be a knock on him, he isn't quite the leaper that Francis is, and has a long way to go before being an Allen Iverson type scorer. One thing for sure is he really reminds me alot of Smoove last year as far as his situation goes. Louis started on nbadraft.net in the top 6, but now has fallen, even though his game has improved since then. If we can get him in mid-first round we better, since he could be another surprise.

Louis is a hell of a leaper, that is what is separating him from other guards. Not only can he shoot the jumper, the guy can leap out the gym.

Of course he is not Francis and Allen right now, but he will be talked about in that regard in the NBA.

I am just saying we need to keep an eye on this kid and not let him slip by us especially if there is not a clear #1 pick. Maybe we can trade that pick and move down in the 1st round and get the guard that we want.

If there is no clear cut #1 or #2, if I were BK I would move down and pick up our guard.

From USAToday:

Quote:

To call many of the blue-chippers at this position "shooting" guards is a misnomer; many of the best guys prefer to do their damage off the dribble and generally avoid jump shooting.

The other defining characteristic of this position is the high number of undersized players. In order to play professionally, many of the top prospects either must achieve Ben Gordon-like success at the college level or learn to play point guard. It's that simple.

But there's also good news; because a few of these electrifying scorers lack ideal NBA height, it's likely they'll stick around longer in college.

Top Dog:
Comparisons to Allen Iverson are unfair to any player, but Louis Williams was sensational in late June. He has superb athleticism and long arms that enable him to play bigger than his 6-2 height. No other player hits as many contested, improbable jump shots.

From what I have seen, this guy can really shoot from the outside well.

If you saw the game last night he was raining 3's, especially in the 1st half, and hitting them with ease and they were hitting bottom net.