• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks are actually after Dalembert

capstone21

• Admin

According to hoopshype.com who are quoting Philly's local newpapaer, the sixers are very interested in Walker but the Hawks want Dalembert and Big Dog in return. I would love this trade since we get a quality young atheltic center that we really need and Dog's 12 million cap space. This would be our first step in the right direction. However, the sixers do not want to give Dalembert up. How can we sweeten the pot to let them give the big guy up?

Quote:

The only way it happens is if we take back some bad contracts. While this would eat into our capspace I would do it so long as those bad contracts end on or before the expiration of Josh Smith and Josh Childress' rookie contracts.

EXACTLY. We don't want another HENDU situation again... *shudder*

• Premium Member

The way the CBA is structured, I don't think another Hendu situ is possible.

I agree with EDS though... If we feel that Dalembert is worthy and will be a great C, I would gamble and take a couple of bad contracts back with Dalembert just so long as they are reasonable.

For instance, it may be possible to talk McKie into retiring...

However, a guy like Skinner would be ours...

i'd do harrington for dalembert/dawg if that would get them to do it...

then trade walker for a pick

our pick=bogut

walker pick=felton

sign swift and johnson or hughes

felton/hughes/smoove/swift/dalembert

all 5 of those can be top 5 in their position for defense in the future...

if chill develops, then u go with felton/hughes/chill/smoove/dalembert in the future

bogut will backup both pf and center

chill will backup both sg and sf

ivey and lue will backup felton

• Premium Member

If we really want Dalembert... I say we make the deal.. we pay the man... and we take on the bad contracts. Now we can't take Dalembert without him resigning... Because there would be nothing worse than us taking bad contracts and Dalembert becoming FA and leaving...

• Premium Member

The question is how important is a big man.

I wanted Damp. Some wanted Blount. I would have taken Foyle..

All of them are sucking up the place.

However, the sad thing is that there is no championships in our future without a big man.

I wanted Damp or Kenyon and I am happy as hell we did not get either. We need a big man or two and I am just glad I am not pulling the strings. Man, could you imagine if we would have signed both! Cap Space hell with no end in sight.

We have to find at least one good power forward or center next year. Free agency or draft, we have to have one. Someone who can claim 10 boards a game and a couple of blocks. Just set down in the middle and let no one run you over type of player.

I like all three of them. And think Kwame or Delam for the money may be the best choices. Curry's game is great on the offensive end but I have serious doubts about his defense.

Other FA's I like are Chandler and my darkhorse is Eddie Griffin. Eddie is having a decent year and I think he is unrestricted.

If we signed any of them we would be stronger thats for sure. Eddie plays his offense a little to much on the outside, but he does play the middle pretty well on defense.

He does not score like Toine but he plays better defense and he would probably be a whole lot cheaper than any of the above except maybe Kwame.

I was looking at it earlier & this is what I would like to propose to Philly.

Antoine Walker + Boris Diaw + Jason Collier

in exchange for...

Sam Dalembert + Glenn Robinson + Aaron McKie

The problem with Mckie is that he's signed thru the '07-'08 season. He makes 5.5 mil this year & that amount increases 1/2 mil every year until his contract expires.