• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coud Diaw get us a late 1st rounder?

Blunt91

I wouldn't have asked this question a few weeks ago but since Diaw has gotten playing time lately he has been playing well even taking the wide open shots and driving to the hole. I think we should keep playing Diaw in the minutes we have given him to showcase him. Do you think someone like the Lakers, Spurs, Seattle or Sacramento would be willing to part with their pick for Diaw if he keeps this up? Maybe this is our way of getting that 2nd 1strounder since it seems like no teams will give in and give up a Pick and expiring contract for Antoine Walker. I would even throw in our 2ndroundpick(currently #32)with Boris Diaw to move up and get a late 1strounder.

If you're talking about moving from 32 to 26-30, I don't think that's a very good deal for us. I might rather pick 32 and not be forced to sign the guy than pick a guy 28th and obligate myself to 3-4 years. Throwing in Diaw to move up 4 spots when it doesn't really even help you doesn't make much sense. I would only do this if I knew that it meant the difference in drafting Wayne Simien, but we couldn't possibly know that now. I think you can get Nate Robinson or Salim Stoudamire at 32, and those are players who have as good a chance of contributing as the guys in the 28 range (except for Simien).

If we want another 1st rounder, I want it to be around 20 where I'm sure we could get either Jack, Simien, Warrick, or some other impact player.

No! If Diaw was in this year's draft, he would go in

the first round, no doubt.

Why trade what you know you have and a player who knows

the current Hawks players, system, etc. for an unknown

commodity ti the draft.

Everyone can project what a player can do in the N.B.A.

but they don't always work out. Most times they do,

but sometimes they don't. They fall on their face.

Trading Diaw for a lottery pick might be good, but for

a low first round pick?? No way.

Most of our few victories this season has Diaw right in

the middle of things. He may not be great. He may not

do a lot of things some expect. But, he helps win games.

That's what we need. Someone to help with the victories!!

No! If Diaw was in this year's draft, he would go in

the first round, no doubt.

Why trade what you know you have and a player who knows

the current Hawks players, system, etc. for an unknown

commodity ti the draft.

Everyone can project what a player can do in the N.B.A.

but they don't always work out. Most times they do,

but sometimes they don't. They fall on their face.

Trading Diaw for a lottery pick might be good, but for

a low first round pick?? No way.

Most of our few victories this season has Diaw right in

the middle of things. He may not be great. He may not

do a lot of things some expect. But, he helps win games.

That's what we need. Someone to help with the victories!!

Diaw had a hand in last night's victory. Keep him.

I'm in agreement with Diesel & Doc. It depends on the circumstance. Say we've taken Bogut or Taft with our first pick and we can get Jarrett Jack by giving up Diaw & our 2nd round pick, I'd be all over that. I do like what Diaw brings, but we're already heavy with swingmen, so losing Diaw isn't going to kill us.

i like diaw and want him to get more pt and stay with us until and during the years we are contenders...tho he does have to keep up this aggressiveness to be in our long-term plans...

if it meant moving up to the mid-teens from our 2nd rounder, then i'd prolly do it, because we could then use our first on bogut and that second on jack/felton/gilchrist/diaz/etc

will fall to #28. Ain't gonna happen. Just don't see it.

The only way it will is if one of them has horrible workouts or some major injury.

Nobody is saying, 'Don't trade Diaw for Jack!' That would be silly. I'm saying, 'Don't trade Diaw if you can't really improve your draft status.' We don't know whether Diaw will get us a chance at Jack right now.

Obviously none of us knows where Jack will be drafted, but the odds that he will go 28th are low. In addition, we have a very good chance of picking 31 or 32. Imagine if we trade him to the Spurs and they win the title. We might well be trading Diaw for a chance to move up 2 spots! 2 spots! AND, we don't even know whether those 2 spots will help us.

Are you guys serious about trading Diaw plus #32 for the #28-30 when you don't even know that Jack will be there?

We're not talking about waiting until the draft to see, we're talking about a midseason deal here.

Maybe not 28 or 30th pick but what about 23 or 24th pick? Jack might not be around but J.J. Reddick will more than likely be available. Maybe San Antonio isn't a good deal but someone like Seattle would be.

I would fall out of my chair if Jack or Warrick dropped to 28. I was thinking more like around the 15th pick. I don't think it's inconceivable that Jack or Warrick falls to 15th. I also don't think it's inconceivable that a team would trade the 15th overall for Diaw and a high #2. You can keep your "Newsflash" I'm not an uninformed casual follower like others you may have encountered on this board.

If we're talking about moving Diaw to just so we can move up 6-8 spots then I think it's a bad move.

• Premium Member

I think that the influx of Europlayers and HSers might have an effect..

Still..

Diaw + One of our 2nd rounders could = Jack even at 16 or so...

Many times, teams don't want to invest 4 yrs into a PG... Look at Jameer Nelson's drop. He was the college Player of the year for God sake... he took SJ's to the Elite 8.

Jack could be in the same boat...

"Jack might not be around but J.J. Reddick will more than likely be available."

Why do you think that Reddick will be around past the 22nd pick? Personally every time I watch the kid I hope we draft him. Getting a pure shooter is almost as important to us as a PG. I would take my chances on a Big from FA or trade. From all the post on here there are 5-7 PGs out there worthy of drafting. We know that means, there are a couple of sleepers who may be worthy also. I haven't seen anyone shoot the way Reddick does. There is no way he last pass 15.

Any pick we have pass number 5, I think we should consider Reddick.

I would trade Diaw and a 2nd for Jack in a heartbeat. Some people have him going high and some think he may drop due to the Euro's you mentioned earlier.

He is a true pg that also happens to be big enough to play in the NBA. A lot of talented smallish guards in this draft and I think Jack is going to be a steal for someone.

I have been advocating for Jack here for some time but I suspect he will fall between the 6th to 12th overall pick (I believe draftcity has him as the 5th pick overall). Regardless, the key is to having two 1st rounders to better put us in position to draft one of the top points (Jack, D. Williams, Felton, Gilchrist, Stinson, etc.).

I agree with the two picks. This years draft is just to deep not to have at least two 1st round picks if at all possible.

Sort of looks like Okafor and Howard scared away everyone last year and they are all declaring this year.

I really hope Jack does not go in the top ten. He has been all over the board this year and yea moving up almost every day. Think it has everything to do with his play against Paul and the ACC in general.

I don't think Jack is having a great year. Watching him in the tournament last year thought he was a sure fire lottery guy but this year he has not had the same magic to his game.

I don't know whay anyone mentione Warrick because he does not represent a need for the Hawks. Josh Smith can do everything Warrick can do.